Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the ZEV Tech Extended Mag Release and being a left handed let me tell you, worst purchase I’ve ever made... The thing sticks out crazy far but what else was I supposed to expect right. Anyways, I really love the tear drop button design and that’s what really made me want to buy it. Since this is a major issue at the range I decided to take it off after literally one mag. Does anyone know of any really nice mag releases that are left-hand friendly? I know that there will always be the OEM ones but I want one with a larger surface area for my middle finger to land on instead of that chinsy tiny sharp rectangle...

I’ve heard of a couple options:

1. Vickers Tactical Gen 3 Mag Release
2. Rainier Arms MARS for Gen 3

Please, any suggestions would be great!!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I am left handed, have you tried to learn to improvise, and just use to index finger that is your standard equiptment

I say this as because most of the population is wrong handed. Being right handed. Being a southpaw, it is easier to just improvise than make unnessary changes.

Reactions: theory9 and Bus007

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am left handed, have you tried to learn to improvise, and just use to index finger that is your standard equiptment

I say this as because most of the population is wrong handed. Being right handed. Being a southpaw, it is easier to just improvise than make unnessary changes.
I agree and have been most of my years owning a glock. But since this is my first P80 build I wanted to just go full out custom with it because why not. So I’m building it from the ground up. That’s why I’m looking at options other than the stock OEM.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Left handed and the factory mag release has always worked for me. Most big or extended mag releases get in the way of my trigger or middle finger. My middle finger comes away from the grip and I punch the button with my trigger finger and never break my grip. Used this for IDPA and was as fast as any right hander. Unless you have big hands most righties have to break their grip to thumb the mag release. I do when I shoot right handed.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
anything other than the amount a stock mag release sticks out from the frame is gonna interfere with a left handed grip on a Gen 3.

try this, get an OEM extended mag release and sand the texture pattern on the end smooth, then sand an arc across the face and round the edges and corners, the high point should be greater than the amount the non-extended mag release protrudes from the frame, but can be sanded down to get the best fit, just don't go shorter than the non-extended mag release.

this way you won't have a larger "button" but with the arc/rounded you won't have a sharp edge to dig into your grip hand

Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory Airsoft gun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.