close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best LCD T.V. under $1000??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Pearl Mussin, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Pearl Mussin

Pearl Mussin

Looking to spend under $1000 for a LCD tv, what do you guys recommend? I am leaning towards a Vizio 47" for like $888 from wal-mart, and another $88 for the 3yr warranty. They also have a 46" phillips for about $100 more, they both look great. I don't have a blueray, just basically watch sports and the occasional movie on DVD. It has to have at least 120mhz

THANKS

Jeremy

2. Puppy

Puppy

I don't own a Vizio or a phillips but I do own a 46" Sanyo & a couple of 37" LG's, the Sanyo was around 800 I think & the LG's were just under 500 each.

The picture quality on all of them are amazing, especially with Blu-Ray movies & I've had no problems with any of them so far.

3. Phoenix_III

Phoenix_III T5-SHTFChieftan

Also interested.

32-56'' range.

4. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

Do you belong to a Costco? You can get a 42" Vizio with 240hz for $899, and it comes with a 2 year warranty.

5. hunt_ak

hunt_ak

Man, just last week when in the local Fred Meyer, they had LED TV's half of ($999) and I think they were of the 42" variety....

I'd hold out for the new technology...oh and BTW, save your money on the warranty (after mucho reading on the subject)

6. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

We are very happy with our LG LCD and it's only 120hz...just epic for clarity and sharpness.

7. Pearl Mussin

Pearl Mussin

What wrong with the warranty??

Jeremy

8. kiole

kiole

Bestbuy has a bunch of nice 1080p 120HZ LCDs for 799-1000$. There is a 46inch sony bravia or samsung 46inch for 989$. Both of those tvs will give you a good picture. Also there is a 42 inch LG with built in netflix streaming.

9. 18jms

18jms I love Guns

Dont buy junk from walmart. Their tv selection is bottom of the barrel. You will be paying the same price for a tv at walmart and missing new features that some of the new tvs have, for example commercial skip, volume normalization, and light processing.

10. kiole

kiole

Warranties from companies like Bestbuy usually aren't worth the money. Most issues on a TV like an LCD or Plasma will occur in the first 1-3 months under factory warranty. Paying 250~$ for a 3 year warranty which is actually only an additional 2 year extension isn't worth the 125$ a year on a 1000$ tv.

Also i've had major issues getting things fixed under the warranty. I had a 4 year warranty on a CRT projection tv, they couldn't get a part for it and told me i'd have to wait till the part came in. I said how long would that be and they said maybe 6 months maybe never. And that they wouldn't replace the TV until they were sure they couldn't get the part. I had to make a huge scene to get it exchanged. I went in the store 5 times trying to get it resolved. After I wasn't getting anywhere i sat at the theatre section in a chair and told them I wasn't leaving till they either fixed my TV or called the police.

11. kiole

kiole

+1 I would stay away from weird brands, especially from Walmart. If you notice most of the walmart model numbers don't match anything you see at other stores. The reason is alot of times they will get custom models made with cheaper components/older technology to reduce the prices. Also it helps them so they never have to price match anything.

I will say Vizio tv's aren't bad at all, but..you can get a LG Sony Samsung LCD for around the same price now a days. The prices are really coming down.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  12. SPDMTL

SPDMTL

It's worth it in Florida just because of lightning. If anything happens to my TV within the 4 years it'll either be fixed or replaced AND they take the debt off my Best Buy credit card If there's any left at that time.:thumbsup:

13. RCP

RCP

I recently bought the 1080p 47" 120hz Vizio for $898 and couldn't be happier. I liked it so much I went out and bought a 32" Vizio for the bedroom.

14. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Go to Best Buy or some other large Department store like Sears with a good electronic section and look at all the picture quality of the sets on display.

I found certain companies like Panasonic, Sharp, and Sony just have a better pictures then the rest. I went with picture quality first, then I shopped around to find the TV I wanted in my price range.

I would avoid Walmart and wholesale places like Costco. If its for a bedroom or basement rec room where you are not going to be using it much, just get whatever is cheapest, however if this is going to be your main TV and movie watching TV, you definately want quality. Trust me it will be worth it.

15. zukyota

zukyota

I also own a vizio & we love it. Very good picture, sound & quality. I'm gonna buy another for the bedroom if I could just stop spending money on Glock pistols. :supergrin:

16. Mr King

Mr King XD40 Service

We have an LG and couldnt be happier. I agree with passing on Walmart tv's. If I were you, I'd be on the lookout for a LED TV, im sure that will be our next kind.

17. goatranch

goatranch

I have been looking at Sony Model KDL-40EX500 40" BRAVIA 1080p at Crutchfield down to $809.99 free shipping. The 40EX400 is 40" with out blur reduction for $ 649.99

Wal Mart has that TV for $699.00. the real good ones are coming down more lately.

After much trouble with other brands I am going with the best quality I can afford any more.Sony, Panasonic are what I will be likely to get.

18. hkozzzie

hkozzzie

Check out Newegg... great prices mostly free shipping & tons of reviews to read too

19. Pearl Mussin

Pearl Mussin

I have 12ft from couch to where a Tv will go.. What size would best suit me?? I spent all day looking at TV's here is what I have narrowed it down to so far..

42" Vizio 1080, 120hz, 50,000:1 - $747
    47" Vizio 1080, 120hz, 50,000:1 - $898

I also saw some Awesome plasmas at SEARS on sale Granted they were only 720p but I thik they put the LCD to shame and for a damn good price.

Samsung 50" plasma 720p, 600hz $757
    Panasonic 50" plasma 720p, 600hz, $757

Also if I buy sunday evening they will knock off an extra 10% for a sale they are having. I could pick up that tv for under $700

Now remember I will not play games on this tv so how else would I get the burn in feature??

What is the best value?

Jeremy

20. hyperstyx

hyperstyx

LG may still be the largest fabricator of flat panel displays. Their product is said to be used in multiple brands.