Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
9,798 Posts
Ambi mag releases and safeties are what I would look for, but saying that, I've chosen to assimilate into the right hand world. I don't compete however. My issue is finding LH holsters in a RH world in a particular brand that chooses not to make LH holsters for a particular make due to low volume.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
I am left handed. Own several brands. I like glocks the best, I can use my middle finger to drop the mag, the beretta 92 is good option, Ruger P series is good, I have shoot so long I just got used to everyting being backwards for us. My 1911s are fine until it comes to the safety and I have to move my hand more than I like, at the range no issue since I don't use the safety, it's loaded about to be used, or unloaded on the bench.

· Registered
79 Posts
PX4 Storm Compact, has fully ambi controls, mag release, slide release and safety decocker that BTW can be converted to decocker only if you are no fan of guns with safety, is also a great shooter, some would even say that shoot better than the full size model, and most important than all said.. is a totally reliable gun that will function every time you pull the triger. regards!

Is the Compact model I'm talking about, not Sub Compact or full size just to be clear, the Compact is the only PX4 model with ambi slide release.

· Directiv 10-289
6,881 Posts
My Wilson Combat .45 throws the empties forward, so that ought to help those of the sinister persuasion.

(FYI: sinister = left)

· Who?
7,957 Posts
H&K P7 or P7M8. Other than ejection, its 100% ambidextrous, not to mention extremely low snag, accurate, and the M8 allows for amazingly fast mag changes.

· Registered
9,189 Posts
I really want to get a gun thats perfect for me, I am left handed, and I mainly want this gun for competition shooting, I hear good things about FNH, anyone have any suggestions on specific guns?

Thanks!
For hunting with a handgun... a single-action revolver is ideal. Standard single-action's seem almost designed for use by left-handers! For double-action... S&W... period. Second choice... Ruger Security-Six series.

For SD, etc., a semi-automatic pistol... Glock. Everything else is everything else... i.e., a less than ideal choice.

For hunting with a rifle... Remington 700. I've owned a Rem. 700 LH (Left-Hand) since 1985. It is one of the most unfailingly accurate and functional rifles I've ever owned (and I've owned/used in excess of 150 rifles in my life).

For shotguns... i.e., hunting/HD, etc., I'd buy a semi-automatic... probably a Benelli or a Beretta.

· Registered
39,096 Posts
Pretty much anything these days is lefty friendly. I have used or owned: Smith 3rd gen guns, Sigs, Glocks, 1911s (with ambi safety), HK USP series, Beretta, revolvers, and a few others I am forgetting.

I think switching the mag release around is actually counter productive. I am faster using it with my trigger finger than using my thumb. Even when I carried a HK USP at work I used my trigger finger for the mag release because I would not have to move my hand.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
I really love right handed people answering questions such as yours having lived in a world built for their dominant hand from birth. No clue at all, and yet. Did you know that left handed people have even a lower average life span due to industrial accidents? And that the right handed tool we hate the most are scissors?

Based on my life as a left handed, I would zoom on two manufactures: Walther and H&. Both share a magazine release system which is totally ambidextrous, and that is crucial. I don't even bother anymore swapping magazine release on the other guns I own, because my students, my friends and my family are right handed and they suck at adapting. Remember, as of now you want the perfect gun for you but it's not that difficult if you focus on the mag release, the real pain in the butt since you can rack the slide on any gun.

Look at the P99 AS, the new PPQ or any H&K and you will find a gun that will be perfect for you and for the right handed people with whom you will share it.

· Registered
9,798 Posts
I really love right handed people answering questions such as yours having lived in a world built for their dominant hand from birth. No clue at all, and yet. Did you know that left handed people have even a lower average life span due to industrial accidents? And that the right handed tool we hate the most are scissors?
Thanks for the left handed scissors with the green handles in kindergarten flashback checkyoursix...RH scissors 29, LH scissors 2...I still fear the construction paper 40+ years later! :tongueout:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.