close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best grip for m&p 15-22?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by cloudyknight, Mar 16, 2010.

1. cloudyknight

cloudyknight

Just purchased my new S&W M&P 15-22 Just wondering what is the best grip to put on it. that fits the best? I have a miad on my bushmaster love it...any feedback would be great!!!:cool:

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

3. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

It should accept standard AR handle grips.

4. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, takes standard AR grips.

I won an M&P AR15-22 from a drawing at a local range and couldn't be happier. I'm currently modifying it to mimic my other AR15 and for me this includes an Ergo grip. I just love the way they feel. Best bet is to just get what you like or what you're used to. I'm also doing an ACS stock, MBUS front and rear, and am likely going to suppress it as well. That thing is a blast to shoot & I just might grab it to go shoot stuff instead of my piston driven LMT next time out.

BTW, 44mag.com has mags for them for only $18 plus shipping. Cheapest place I've found.

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I'm currently using Magpul MOE grips on my other ARs, and the intention was to go the route with the S&W M&P-22. However, I had a spare ambi Ergo grip in the parts drawer, so I bolted it on and I really like it. I wasn't as thrilled with the Ergo on the AR I originally bought it for (a 24" varminter), but on the short/light M&P-22, it feels much better.

Eventually, I probably will get another MOE, but until then, the Ergo is a huge improvement over stock on this gun.

Note: any grip that has a curved "filler" area at the top rear will show a little gap between this area and the receiver when installed on a S&W M&P-22. If this will bother you, then stick with standard grips, or those without a filler at the top rear.

Here's a photo (click to embiggen) that gives you an idea of what the gap looks like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  6. cloudyknight

cloudyknight

so an ergo or another miad would work thanks guy's:supergrin: