close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Glock Sub and Why???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockfan33, Nov 6, 2004.

1. glockfan33

glockfan33

Ok...

I've decided that my next purchase would be a subcompact (got several compacts and a couple of full size)so I thought I'd add my first sub to the collection. I was wondering what you guys would recommend? This'll be for personal protection & carry (once in a while)but will be parked often with my G20 and HK USPC 45 ACP that sits inside a MultiVault on my nightstand. I've handeled both the G27 & G29 (not into the subcompact in 9mm) and it's a toss up. They both fit my hands well. What do you think???

Any help & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

I'd go G27. My pick is really the 26, but you already said you didn't want 9mm. My reasons are two: grip size is better with the 40 than the 10mm. The 10mm is also going to be a bit much to handle with it's roughly magnum punch.

Opinions may very. If you can test them out as rentals that's my advice.

3. Broiler Monster

Broiler Monster

Come on, try the 26!! It's a great gun. Lots of happy 26 toter around here.

4. DocH

DocH Man of Sorrows

G26. It's the right size for a 9mm pistol.

5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

G-26 Less recoil in a light pistol means quick follow up shots. Cheap pratice ammo. Plenty of effective loads. Very reliable. 13 rounds in the gun using a +2 mag ext in a snub revolver size pistol! What's not to like?

6. RobertD.

RobertD.

Don't count the 9mm out. I work in an ER and I have faith in the 9mm. Recoil is just right in that caliber and size pistol.

Flip.

7. glockfan33

glockfan33

I do understand the suggestions & recommendations w/ the G26 & they are well taken...I have great respect for the 9mm cartridge.

It's just I already have a 2nd gen. G19 that's a great shooter & a Sig P229 2 tone 3in1 (9mm, 357Sig & 40S&W w/ barrel swaps) that I also enjoy. Did I mention I also have a G20, an Hk USPC 45ACP, Kimber Pro Tac II in 45 & a SA 1911 A-1 in 38 Super??? So I'm strongly leaning more on the G27 or ??? Just trying to get a good variety of calibers in my small collection since I already have 2 9mm's (technically). But, I'll continue to leave myself open to it... Hmmmmmmmmmm now it boils down to G26 & G27 ;Q. I've concluded that the 10mm cartridge would just be too much for a sub so that's out (for now).

Best!;f

8. bac1023

bac1023

I have the G29. Despite what Glock says, its not a subcompact. I love the gun, buts its too big and bulky to be considered a subcompact. Its basically the same size as the G19, but fatter as well. Recoil is a bit rough with hot loads.

9. jv56

jv56 member

GLOCK 26 WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!

10. Broiler Monster

Broiler Monster

You may fall into the same pitfall as many of us and never shoot the 19 again after you fall in love with the 26. I eventually blew the dust off my 19 and sold it to make way for other 9mm's. My 15 round 19 mags got A&G grip sleeves and ride back up to my 26 mags.

11. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

After I got the 26, the 19 lived in the nightstand. If it's gonna live there, it might as well be a 34 with a light on it. There you go! That would be a good reason to not get the 26. You might like it too much.

I actually like the idea of having one caliber. 9mm is cheap. I can stock a bunch and shoot all my guns with it. (OK, not the AR15. It's 223.)

12. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

"Ditto". :)

I turned my G19 into a G32C. Same size, but more horsepower. ;f

13. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Ever considered the 30? It's got the punch of the .45, and it handles equally as nice as the full sized 21.

I love my 30....

14. drofnas

drofnas Senior Member

Just guessing. Maybe after the G37, they'll do a mid-size 45GAP (G38?) and then a subcompact 45GAP (G39?). That would be a bunch of punch in a small package.

(I really have no idea what's coming up. Just being silly.)

15. glockfan33

glockfan33

Thanks again for the inputs fellas!

I've considered the other subcompacts but I found that the G26 & G27 will fit me best (the 29 at first but decided against it).

Best!;f

16. Messer

Messer

Well - with your alias, I'd vote for the G33 ;f

Then if you wanted/needed, just get the 40S&W barrel.

Take care,
    Bob

And yes, I do have a G33 :cool:

17. glockfan33

glockfan33

Messer,

You just reminded me of why I initially wanted the G27 and /or G29...
    For the possible barrel swap. Does the G33 take the 9mm conversion barrel as well (maybe an aftermarket brand???). I'd definitely take that if I can shoot a 3in1 (just like my Sig P229 in 2 tone).

Hmmmmmmm now I'm leaning back into the G27 or the G33 but I have a strong pull towards a G26 after hearing about the other members talk highly about it + I have some 15+2 factory mags that I can use frm my G19.

BTW, I'm currently trying to land a deal w/ a G26 as we speak. What's a decent price for a mint/excellent condition F series (not part of the recall) w/ 1 year old Trijicon NS, 2 factory mags w/ pierce extended grips, 500 round count + factory box, papers and cleaing stuff going for?

I'd like to wait till the end of the night or til tomorrow a.m. before commiting to it. Unless someone can talk me out of it..........;Q

Thanks again for the help.

18. Messer

Messer

I wouldn't talk you out of it - I think the G26 is a great gun. No matter which of the baby Glocks you choose, you'll have a good gun!

Let us know how it goes,
    Bob

19. jim301

jim301

I have the 26, 27 and the 29 and the 26 is my favorite. With good ammo the 9mm can be very effective for protection. Using standard fmj ammo the recoil is mild and accuracy is decent and ammo cost won't hurt your wallet too much.

20. glockfan33

glockfan33

Ok fellas...

I ended up finding a good deal o a G26 from delyaopwong yesterday in the Classifieds Section. Serial #FKSxxx, glossy type finish with 500 rounds through it. Gun was purchased brand new with Trijicons NS (dated 2003) and comes with the newer style box, unopened manual, plastic rod/brush, loader and 2 10rd mags (#4 followers) with standard floorplates and 2 pearce pinky-rest floorplates. Replaced the serrated trigger with the standard smooth trigger. Gun came with the factory 12lb trigger (5lb connector with NY 2 orange spring module) and was off-duty/backup gun.

Thanks for all the support and inputs.

I'll post a range report as soon as I get a chance to go out to my local range.

Stay Safe!;f