close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Glock Shop in ATL

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by majorbludd, Feb 20, 2009.

1. majorbludd

majorbludd

Where is the best shop to buy a Glock in the ATL area? Having a difficult time finding anything in Newnan area.

2. dudel

dudel

I did pretty good on a G26 at the Bargain Barn in Jasper.

Don

3. FillYerHands

FillYerHands you son of a

The number one Glock retailer in the world is Smyrna Police Distributors. If you have a badge, EMT ID, or a GSSF certificate, it is worth the trip. They are on Windy Hill Road in Smyrna, you can Google directions. They are completely no nonsense, but they will take the time to explain everything and answer all your questions. They are pros who are used to dealing with pros.

The number one consumer retailer of Glocks in the world is right around the corner on South Cobb Drive, Adventure Outdoors. While their shop is a lot busier, if you can't qualify to buy from SPD, it is the way to go. I guarantee their selection can't be beat. Heck, they have more used police trade-ins to choose from than most shops have new guns. While you're there, you can check out any gun made by man, from a .22 Derringer to a .50BMG Barrett. Bring cash, the posted prices assume a 3% cash discount.

4. dictaearl

dictaearl

Does a military ID qualify you to purchase from there?

5. BabyG

BabyG

Hi :wavey:

Yes, your military ID will get you into SPD. Glock LE prices are extended to our military also.

Baby G

6. Sir Glockster

Sir Glockster

+1 Bought my G27 at Adventure Outdoors because I don't qualify at SPD. Everything other than ammo and guns I've bought at SPD. Nice people to deal with and very informative.

7. scoose

scoose Nugent for prez

Clyde Armory Athens Georgia! Best cunstomer service by ANY gun dealer I have dealt with, very competitive pricing and a good selection. New glocks at $499 and plenty of LE trade ins at different prices. Also, these guys seem to be able to get stuff in that no one else can. Top notch LE provider too!

The folks at Adventure Outdoors are overpriced ( last time I was there they had added about $40-$50 to the glocks )and the staff isn't knowledgeable. By God don't ask them any questions about the milsurp stuff behind the counter. ALL you will get is gibberish.

8. yrone

yrone re - member

Isnt The AR bunker in Newnan? Two friends of mine bought ARs from them at the gun show for GREAT prices and the staff were courteous and knowledgeable. They should have an ok selection of Glocks.

9. B767capt

B767capt

I give a thumbs up on SPD. I have bought all of mine there. Even a new Ruger LCP for 269.00.

10. 82ndVet

82ndVet

+1 This is THE PLACE to go for all your outdoor needs. Bass Pro cannot touch this place. When I purchased my G17 there on New Years eve, I received a free $50 gift card for purchasing one of the select Glock models they were running a special on.

I now have a gssf certificate and was wanting to purchase from SPD, but do I need to qualify or something to use it there? Never heard about this before, and they are the closest place that accepts those certificates that I know of.

Thanks.:cool:

11. sappy13

sappy13

I purchased my pf9 from Adventure outdoors and a buddy just bought a Kimber from them. The times i have been there i found their prices not too bad on most guns. I know i got my pf9 for like 50 bucks cheaper than any of my local dealers could. It is a great place to go if you are not certain what gun you want, because they have tons.

12. cpl0313

cpl0313

Just picked up a used gen 3 model 22 for 419.00 from Adventure Outdoors. Couldn't tell that it had been fired much. No barrel wear to be seen. The had a few left. In at least the same condition.

13. scoose

scoose Nugent for prez

Good price!!!! Was it a refurb or LEO trade in??

14. Gamecock94

Gamecock94

I got my G27 at Pannell's in Woodstock. Normally the guys behind the counter are not the most personable people I've met, but there is one older guy that works there part time that is super friendly and knowledgable...he's the one I dealt with and it was a pleasure.

Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs is excellent. Very nice folks and if you are a GCO member you get 10% off on accessories (not the sidearm though)

15. 82ndVet

82ndVet

Yeah, Big woods Goods is ok too. Nice folks there. No need to order Glock mags when you got that place right up the road...lol.

16. cmcinc

cmcinc

+1 on BWG
    Got my G19 from them a few months ago. Great people there.

17. FillYerHands

You can use your certificate at SPD without other qualifications. I really like them because they have a better holster selection.

18. 82ndVet

82ndVet

OK, thanks. I'll stop in once I'm down that way again.:supergrin:

19. FillYerHands

Since you are making the trip, while you are there, go across the little side street and eat at Old South Barbecue. You'll like it, I guarantee.

Of course, as I once heard it, barbecue is like sex - the worst you ever had was pretty damn good. :whistling:

20. Sir Glockster

Sir Glockster

Anybody know where I can get a sturdy plain black leather holster belt around Marietta? SPD has been backordered going on 2 months for anything smooth and black and not a duty belt. Adventure Outdoors doesn't have any holster belts. Nothing at Dick's or REI either. Prefer not to order online.