close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Glock price in SE Virginia

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cwprint, Feb 15, 2003.

1. cwprint

cwprint Millennium Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a gun shop with the best prices on Glocks in south/east Virginia. Maybe someone out there knows someone with and FFL. One more question, I'm in the dark on whole 60 minutes saga. Can someone sum up what happened in just one paragraph.

Thanks,

Chuck

2. thin blue line

thin blue line

There's plenty posted already about the 60 minutes thing, look under general glocking.

The Armory on Indian River Road in Virginia Beach has 9 and 40SW models with fixed sights going for $484 plus $2 background check and don't forget your VA beach purchase permit for $10 (you can avoid this fee and requirement if you go up to the peninsula but it is unavaiodable on the south side). All and all out the door costs are about $510. The 45s were in the $535 range.

A&P on Lishell and Lynhaven Pkwy has them for $499 and $550.
    Take your pick.

Bob's on Granby St. in Norfolk a little more expensive and the Norfolk purchase permit is $15

I personally prefer the customer service I receive from the armory better. Don't be disappointed if you can't take it out the door right away. State Police background checks have been delayed lately. I had to wait about 2 hours the other night. I've heard of some delays up to 24-72 hours until approval came back.

Remember that most retailers are paying 420-440 for their 9 & 40 inventory. Their mark ups are about $40-50. Everyone needs to make a living. Support your local gunshop.

The armory # is 757 424-1617

TBL

3. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

Ride up to Richmond for the Gun show at the Showplace on March 1-2. Always a lot of Glocks there for sale. Dark Sun has good pricing and there are lot's of others.

just a thought.

Hunterjbb.

4. belasko

belasko

Hey, dark Sun is about the BEST people I have ever dealt with! i only get to se them at gun shows as I am in NC, but when I know they are coming to ANY gun show...just call them and tell them what you want or need and they will bring it with them to the show! And prices are great. My last G19, I bought from them brand new with night sights for like $510.00. If you want to contact them, send me a message and I will give you the number to their shop

5. Zarathustra's23

Zarathustra's23

Hunterjbb,

I am new to the SE VA area (military). What are the VA laws regarding purchasing at gun shows? Would it be any problem for me to go to the show to pick up a new G23?

Thanks,

Z23

6. cwprint

cwprint Millennium Member

It depends on where the show is. The one this weekend in Hampton I don't think you need to buy a purchase permit (as you would have to in va beach and norfolk) they do a state background check on the phone while your at the show.

Chuck

7. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

Honest i'm not sure how it works for the military folks assigned in VA. Is your home of record here in VA?..

I would check with either a local dealer or call the State Police and ask about it. The military police may know also..

Sorry, last time i went to purchase I showed two peices of identification that had my address on it, that matched, from the State, i.e. drivers licsence and vehicle registration and waited about 15 minutes till they contacted the State police and once approved i walked out with my weapon.

In Chesterfield county you don't need a "Purchase Permit"..

Hunterjbb.

PS. you will love the G23, i do mine,, it's very accurate and comfortable to shoot.

8. Zarathustra's23

Zarathustra's23

My HOR is not VA, but I was told that as long as I am active duty all I have to do is show my military ID, copy of my orders, and DL and then I can purchase in VA. I assume from the posts that you can carry away from the shows same day. I wasn't aware of this weekend's show at the Hamptom colliseum, thanks guys.

Hunterjbb, I already own one G23. I like it so much I am getting a second!!!!!

Z23

9. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

Yes if all is well in the world you should be able to walk out of the gun show with your weapon.. Figures the only time I tried to do that the State Police were having a problem and no one could get authorizations... LOL.. had to wait till Monday and go to the Dealers house.

I love my G23, fits my hand well, feeds reliably, etc. etc. I'm think i'm going to get a G19 next. Have a Browning Hi-Power, just thought i'd like to have a 9 around from Glock also, my wife has a G27, although neither of us is overly keen about it, just a tad to short for the grip, it's a little better with the peirce mag extensions on it but not much. Little to "snappy" also.
    The grip issue developed over time and we didnt think we would be as sensitive to it when we bought it...

Good luck, and if you don't get what you want at Hampton, Come to Richmond next weekend.. Show there also.

Hunterjbb.

10. Zarathustra's23

Zarathustra's23

I went to the gun show in Richmond and was going to purchase a 23 from The Armory at the show. I informed them that I was not a VA resident, but I was active duty military. The gentlemen asked to see my DL, military ID, and a copy of my orders (of which he read EVERY word), and then he said "no problem". I filled out the required paperwork, putting my home state as my state of residence. When the gentleman reviewed the paperwork he instructed me to change my state of residence to VA, and initial the correction. I did so, and then he informed me that he could not sell me a firearm. I looked at him in disbelief, and he stated that my state of residence was not the same as my address. He then said that since I have lived in VA for more than 30 days I was required to get a VA driver's license. I began to explain that I was active duty and not required to change my DL at every duty station, but he cut me off and simply stated "I can only go by federal law". What is up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was not rude to this man in any way, but he was completly unwilling to help me out or let me discuss this with him.

Is there anyplace in SE VA that does not have outrageous prices and is also willing to work with military?

11. Hunterjbb

Hunterjbb

I was at the show this morning and it was horribly crowded... I've never dealt with those guys so I don't know.. maybe he was just that tied up he didn't want to deal with it?.. Sorry for you..

I looked for a G19 all morning and only found one..$549 with night sights.. I went over to Dark Sun, they didn't have one, i think they had a G23 which i almost bought..So in the end i just didn't buy one.

At one point i saw Dark sun had like 10 applications laying on the floor waiting to be checked.. I can imagine that the dealers were just so mobbed they didn't want to have to deal with "Difficult" sales. Kinda crappy though the way he handled it...

good luck..maybe the provost marshall would be able to tell you both the Federal and Local regs..

Hunterjbb.