Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use Hoppes lube and am looking to upgrade. What lube will last longest in conditions such as rain, heat moisture, etc? How often should I reoil my carry gun?

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
I clean the slide and rails with CLP (any brand will work) and wipe as much off as possible, there will always be a slight layer left after wiping. This is all the lube your Glock will need in harsh conditions. Do not lube the hood or locking block areas or the barrel. It is not needed.

You WILL be just fine lubed that way. I just got my Glock soaked in an ocean and the water had sand mixed in the waves. The pistol was gritty, but never missed a beat....

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
EEZOX.

lube spots per manual, NEVER in the FP channel.

clean/lube after each range session

clean lube every 30 days not in use

wipe down every day if salt water, or sandy condition, if not every 4-7 days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
To properly lubricate your Glock pistol after it has been thoroughly cleaned and dried the following lubrication procedures should be followed: using a quality gun oil lubricate the barrel, the barrel hood, the barrel lug, and the inside of the slide where the barrel hood rubs against the slide. Take ONLY one drop of oil on your finger and rub each slide rail, or put one drop of oil in each slide rail cut.Once the slide is replaced on the receiver after reassembly the drop of oil will be distributed equally along the slide rails.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
in harsh conditions where lube wheres off i just keep applying spit. good mucus filled lugies tend to not come off as quick as pure saliva. :supergrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts