Best G19 IWB for heavy set people?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by J0EJITSU, Mar 2, 2017.

1. J0EJITSU

J0EJITSU

I have my G19 and I have been carrying with a cheap Amazon AIWB and it is quite uncomfortable. Any suggestions on a good IWB? I am losing weight but would love to have one for the meantime. Thank you

2. Badwolf75

Badwolf75

AIWB is just not comfortable for me with any type of gun/holster combo I have tried. I would encourage you to try a 4:30 carry with a hybrid type holster (Crossbreed, Foxx, ect).

SJ 40 likes this.

3. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

Same problem here. I have used a belly band successfully. You can position it just about anywhere, high, low, or left, right.

4. OBG17

OBG17

Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Not cheap and it does take some time. But Top Gun Supply has them for a bit more than the Sparks site. The Sparks Centurion is also excellent.

5. Big Kohle

Big Kohle

Well......trust be I understand your situation. However, there is good news! Try this,
    1. Get a good gun belt, this is not negotiable.
    2. Cross Breed Super Tuck, if you live in a warm climate choose Horsehide leather. When I'm at the farm on the Tractor or mowing I simply wear it OUTSIDE my pants. When concealed is needed it has no rival. Most comfortable and durable I have found. I know this from experience!

6. shawn mccarver

shawn mccarver

As a heavy person, I understand your concern. The first order of business is to buy pants at least 2 inches bigger in the waist measurement. My preference for IWB is the thinnest holster possible that is still good quality. Perhaps you should look at kydex by PJ Holster or similar.

7. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

8. J0EJITSU

J0EJITSU

Thanks everyone. I forgot to mention that it's got an RMR, Inforce light, and TRBC Mini Comp. I plan to just take my Mini Comp off and Change the Inforce to a XC1

9. nikolaz

nikolaz

Stealthgear Mini. What gunbelt are you using?

10. Dick Danger

Dick Danger

I use a Steathgear VentCore standard. The mini works for me with jeans but the narrower spacing of the clips doesn't work with some of my pants.

11. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

I'm not overweight, I'm undertall . . . I carry a G19 in a horsehide CBST on a good gun belt at 4:00. It's ridiculously comfortable.

12. Capt Jim

Capt Jim

I'm carrying a G19 in a kydex Vedder Light Tuck. It's adjustable for cant and ride height and ships in 3 days. Customer service is excellent. You can see them here:

http://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

13. BrokenRomeo

BrokenRomeo

Vedder Light Tuck for me too!!

14. biggen

biggen

Stealthgear ventcore, good belt and oversize waist in your pants. I have a 52" waist and carry a G20 in complete comfort. Buy once cry once. Stealthgear is a little more money but worth it.

15. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

I'm afraid that appendix just tends to be too uncomfortable for fat guys. If your gut pushes out onto the rear of the frame, this will rotate the gun across the axis of the belt, pushing the muzzle end against your pubic bone area. The leaner you are, the more comfortable appendix carry is. I would switch to 3 or 4:00 for the time being, and move back over to 12:00 when ready.

My most comfortable appendix holster is my "2oclock Comptac", but I don't wear it because their clip system on the holster is fookin terrible. I now wear my Trex Arms appendix holsters exclusively, and they are 90% as comfortable but WAY more stable.

sharp likes this.
  16. biggen

biggen

I carry iwb at 3 o'clock, never tried appendix but don't see it working for me.

17. jr24

jr24

I find a hybrid holster like a Crossbreed or MTAC at right about 2 oclock works really well for me. Puts the gun in the "gap" between my belly and love handle. Most comfortable place for me, plus it can conceal anything up to a Glock 21 with little effort

18. J0EJITSU

J0EJITSU

Trex? Which model? and do you carry it 2'oclock?

19. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

I have two, a standard Raptor Appendix, and a Sidecar Appendix, and I go back and forth depending on whether or not I feel like burdening the load of an extra mag or not.

Both holsters I run the slide of my firearm just to the right of my 12:00 centerline. Call it 12:01. (I don't like the 2:00 position as it tends to print more as the grip starts to stick out the side. YMMV depending on body type.) So basically the top plane of the slide is parallel with my pant's zipper. I have no gut on me at all. (the picture of the g17 below, I scooted the holster just over my centerline 12:00 because the grip of the 17 is a big longer).

One thing to remember, is that when you get to the point where appendix is comfortable to you, get used to running your belt buckle off to the side, rather than at 12:00 where it interferes with the clip of the holster. I run my buckle at 10:30ish.

https://trex-arms.com/store/raptor-appendix-holster/
    https://trex-arms.com/store/sidecar-appendix-rig/

G17 in Appendix, Raptor trex arms

G19 Sidecar and Raptor

G19 in sidecar with extra mag

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  20. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

AIWB is rough if you have a belly.

Cpt.America likes this.