GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
63,408 Posts
21, of Avondale Road in Hedgesville, was arraigned in Berkeley County Magistrate Court on Sunday for a plethora of misdemeanor offenses after an alleged altercation with police.

T. has been charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, obstruction, fleeing on foot and four counts of battery on an officer.

He has been charged and arraigned of those charges. He has not been convicted. Any public defender will get him probation with no time served. If he violates probation (sounds like he probably will) he will possibly serve minimal time in county jail.
Sounds like he didn't really hurt anybody. I'd expect to see the battery charges reduced.

Man charged with assault of officer

MARTINSBURG -Dustin Bradley Tenney, 21, of Avondale Road in Hedgesville, was arraigned in Berkeley County Magistrate Court on Sunday for a plethora of misdemeanor offenses after an alleged altercation with police.

Tenney has been charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, obstruction, fleeing on foot and four counts of battery on an officer.

According to court documents, Tenney allegedly threw a bottle of liquor which hit the officer’s patrol vehicle and shouted incoherently as it passed him on Back Creek Valley Road on Sunday night.

Tenney then evaded police for a short time until he was again located by officers walking in a large field. When officers attempted to get closer, the suspect threw another bottle of liquor at the responders and attempted to flee on foot.

Tenney was apprehended after police used pepper spray to his face and several “closed fist compliance strikes.”

According to police, the suspect only stopped resisting after a struggle and continually shouted obscenities and insults at the officers.

The officers believe the suspect showed signs of intoxication.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,695 Posts
Well...I hope the Deputy is OK, and that the young man uses this to pull his life together...then after he saves up his $, and keeps himself "clean" he can apply to have his record expunged, and hopefully put this all behind him

·
Registered
66 Posts
His dad, who is my friend was a pastor. He decided to resign when his son started showing signs of problems.
I looked up his charges and see this is not his first arrest for battery. Lot’s of career criminals who do easy time because none of their crimes involve violence. Somebody with battery convictions tends to do spicier time.

He’s lucky he didn’t throw that bottle at the wrong vehicle. He could have been killed for it. Time to wake up and grow up or start getting face tats.

·
Super Moderator
54,598 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I looked up his charges and see this is not his first arrest for battery. Lot’s of career criminals who do easy time because none of their crimes involve violence. Somebody with battery convictions tends to do spicier time.

He’s lucky he didn’t throw that bottle at the wrong vehicle. He could have been killed for it. Time to wake up and grow up or start getting face tats.
i wasn’t aware of any priors, if so then it makes sense for the sentence.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,272 Posts
A friend of mine spent around eight years in prison. He went in as a young adult. He looks like a thug, but no longer behaves like one. He will be the first to tell you the only way he is still alive is because he got a hard lesson. Some people use bad things as justification, others use it as motivation to improve. It’s up to the individual.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Sounds like he didn't really hurt anybody. I'd expect to see the battery charges reduced.

Man charged with assault of officer

MARTINSBURG -Dustin Bradley Tenney, 21, of Avondale Road in Hedgesville, was arraigned in Berkeley County Magistrate Court on Sunday for a plethora of misdemeanor offenses after an alleged altercation with police.

Tenney has been charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, obstruction, fleeing on foot and four counts of battery on an officer.

According to court documents, Tenney allegedly threw a bottle of liquor which hit the officer’s patrol vehicle and shouted incoherently as it passed him on Back Creek Valley Road on Sunday night.

Tenney then evaded police for a short time until he was again located by officers walking in a large field. When officers attempted to get closer, the suspect threw another bottle of liquor at the responders and attempted to flee on foot.

Tenney was apprehended after police used pepper spray to his face and several “closed fist compliance strikes.”

According to police, the suspect only stopped resisting after a struggle and continually shouted obscenities and insults at the officers.

The officers believe the suspect showed signs of intoxication.
Nice, thanks

·
King Doofus.
5,493 Posts
He should have been issued a proper ass whoopin before the ride to jail.
"..... was apprehended after police used pepper spray to his face and several “closed fist compliance strikes.”"

Reactions: CAcop

·
Why so serious?
64,732 Posts
Sounds like the "kid" is already a drunk.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
You really believe that?
I dunno, I am 51 and never been chit faced drunk. Now I have been buzzed but I am a happy guy intoxicated

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Firm member
29,698 Posts
So..... this probably ain’t his first rodeo.
I was adjunct faculty at a local community college for over twenty-six years. The usual suspect were the ranch kids, but the real problems were the homeschooled and those lacking the grades for either Provo or Rexburg. Poor kids were an absolute mess. HH

·
Registered
894 Posts
I’m guessing this didn’t happen recently or in Portland . Support the police, defund dummies. Sounds like some details of the story are being left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
I give him credit...if you are going to go stupid go all in

61 - 80 of 109 Posts