GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
i had friends like that too. not many but thet are around. one guy, a little younger than me, but a part of our circle, killed a guy in a bar argument. life in prison is a tough lesson... that was 40 years ago...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
He turned 21, got drunk for the first time. Then thru a whiskey bottle at a passing deputy. He was chased on foot, caught and given a 2 year sentence.
At least he had enough since to be walking and not driving. Maybe the lesson will prevent him from becoming an alcoholic.
I don’t think this was the first time he was drunk.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Not buying it.
I’m not either. There’s way more to the story. Hell I know of one guy who was drunk and flipped his car, killing his girlfriend. He only got 18 months for Vehicular Manslaughter. And I’m sure he might have had a taste of alcohol prior to his 21st birthday.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ok I loo
Not buying it.
ok I looked it up on line. Lot more information than I was told. his last name starts with T. I don’t want to give the family anymore grief so I omitted it.

21, of Avondale Road in Hedgesville, was arraigned in Berkeley County Magistrate Court on Sunday for a plethora of misdemeanor offenses after an alleged altercation with police.

T. has been charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, obstruction, fleeing on foot and four counts of battery on an officer.

According to court documents, T. allegedly threw a bottle of liquor which hit the officer’s patrol vehicle and shouted incoherently as it passed him on Back Creek Valley Road on Sunday night.

T. then evaded police for a short time until he was again located by officers walking in a large field. When officers attempted to get closer, the suspect threw another bottle of liquor at the responders and attempted to flee on foot.

T. was apprehended after police used pepper spray to his face and several “closed fist compliance strikes.”

According to police, the suspect only stopped resisting after a struggle and continually shouted obscenities and insults at the officers.

The officers believe the suspect showed signs of intoxication.

·
Registered
13,931 Posts
At least he had enough since to be walking and not driving. Maybe the lesson will prevent him from becoming an alcoholic.
Now I am curious. This 21yr. Old friend, what does he plan on doing for a career? That arrest probably screwed that up. We all do stupid things but what your friend did was stupid and just basically a bit evil.
I would use this forced break in the relationship to find some better friends. Maybe he can be an example of what not to do for you?

Our pastor has done several messages where he uses the phrase - "I had these friends."

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
What did I come in here for?
10,945 Posts
Well, just off the top of my head, and just going by the details in your account, I see;
Drunk and disorderly,
Public intoxication,
Assault on a police officer,
Assault with a deadly weapon.

I’m sure I missed a couple, but stupid should hurt.
One might guess he also resisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TBO and Sharkey

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
:)

So, you’re using “exciting” as in, I was in a serious car accident and broke both arms and one leg. As the car was rolling over and over I found it very “exciting”. :)

More like weightlifting in the yard, group counseling, substance abuse classes, GED and college courses, shanking opposing gang members during riots, playing drug mule by keistering meth for the Aryan Nation boys, slow walks along the wall while holding hands with that special someone. Lots of options for the motivated convict.

·
Semper Paratus
27,806 Posts
That’s a sad story. I hope the guy gets out early.
Why, so he can abuse other people when he’s drunk ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30,851 Posts
Misdemeanors? In California probation for 3 years then nothing happens if you violate it.

Reactions: Lagamor and TBO

·
Quick! Duck!
2,760 Posts
It is hard to believe that anyone hasn't gotten chit-faced before age 21, but it could happen. I'm wondering if his first experience with alcohol met or surpassed all of his expectations? If I had waken up with a hangover in jail for such charges after my first drunk, I'd now be a teetotaler and would have saved a pile of cash and much of my liver over the last 50 years.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Now I am curious. This 21yr. Old friend, what does he plan on doing for a career? That arrest probably screwed that up. We all do stupid things but what your friend did was stupid and just basically a bit evil.
I would use this forced break in the relationship to find some better friends. Maybe he can be an example of what not to do for you?

Our pastor has done several messages where he uses the phrase - "I had these friends."

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
His dad, who is my friend was a pastor. He decided to resign when his son started showing signs of problems.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
It didn’t specify in the post or the quoted article, but I’m going to venture to guess the alcohol bottles were empty when he threw them.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts