Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the available flash lights. Looks like the M3 is out there for $127. What model would you suggest, cost is a factor. Hate to invest alot in a light. Also want to be able to take it off easily?

Anyone experimented with installing one of these small lights you can buy at walmart?

Thanks

·
20,407 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I recommend the SureFire X300. It combines a poweful led bulb and a very useable light "pattern". It is easy to mount and remove from your pistol. In my experience, Surefire provides excellent customer service.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use a M6x and am quite happy with it. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with other lights, so I'll hold off on the claim that the M6X is better than anything else out there. M3x would the be the choice for light only - w/o laser.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would say the Insight M3 or the Glock model GT 10 is your best bet. The Surefire X300 is better but cost around $225.00 VS. Insight M3 at $110.00.

·
pho_kit_all
895 Posts
Are you intending on leaving the light on all the time?

If not, consider something like a surefire 6P LED.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I recommend the SureFire X300. It combines a poweful led bulb and a very useable light "pattern". It is easy to mount and remove from your pistol. In my experience, Surefire provides excellent customer service.
I agree, that will probably be my next investment. :)

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
I own two SureFire X200s, and they are indeed great weapon lights, with almost elaborate construction. The X200B is by far the best for indoor use. The X200A offers terrific range, for outdoor use.

The new Surefire X300 seems to combine the performance of both X200 A & B. Quality-wise, it is pure SureFire.

Recently, I took delivery of an Insight XTI Procyon. This weapon light out-lumens the SureFires, offers an additional strobe mode, and sells for $100.00 (or better) less than the X200B or X300! The quality is comparable, and the performance is nothing short of outstanding! The Procyon has Insight's lifetime warranty. I got mine for $124.95 at: http://www.flashlightoutlet.com/

--Ray

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I own two SureFire X200s, and they are indeed great weapon lights, with almost elaborate construction. The X200B is by far the best for indoor use. The X200A offers terrific range, for outdoor use.

The new Surefire X300 seems to combine the performance of both X200 A & B. Quality-wise, it is pure SureFire.

Recently, I took delivery of an Insight XTI Procyon. This weapon light out-lumens the SureFires, offers an additional strobe mode, and sells for $100.00 (or better) less than the X200B or X300! The quality is comparable, and the performance is nothing short of outstanding! The Procyon has Insight's lifetime warranty. I got mine for $124.95 at: http://www.flashlightoutlet.com/

--Ray
Did they pay you to say that? ;)

Personally I've always been loyal to Surefire, but this is definitely something to look into. :)

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
[/quote] Recently, I took delivery of an Insight XTI Procyon. This weapon light out-lumens the SureFires, offers an additional strobe mode, and sells for $100.00 (or better) less than the X200B or X300! The quality is comparable, and the performance is nothing short of outstanding! The Procyon has Insight's lifetime warranty. I got mine for $124.95 at: http://www.flashlightoutlet.com/

--Ray[/quote]

This is the best price I've seen for the Procyon so far. If you don't mind use you can always look on Ebay or Gunbroker and find a good deal on an M3. They are great lights. I have one that I've used since they came out.

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
1) Did they pay you to say that? ;)

2) Personally I've always been loyal to Surefire, but this is definitely something to look into. :)

1) No. But they did bribe me with two free key chain lights and paid shipping! They were out of stock at the time, and this was their offer for ordering and waiting...

Please See Attached Pics 01 & 02...

2) Note (Pic 01) how the SureFire X200 nests beautifully into Glock's sharply curved trigger guard. They seem to be made for one another!

With the insertion of a new LaserMax UNI-GREEN between the dust cover and the weapon light, the X200s would not achieve lock-up on the UNI-GREEN's rail--they were now too long.

The simplest fix (pic 02) was a shorter weapon light, and the Procyon's body is about 1/2 inch shorter than the X200's is.

Problem solved! Lock-up achieved!

--Ray

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Now I haven't tried any other brand out there other than the glock light which I like a lot and fairly cheap. The only down side to the glock light is that it is harder to find a holster for it when attached to the pistol. Other than that I've had mine for over a year and granted I don't use a light that much but it's held up at the range when shooting with it on the gun.

·
~ Old Warrior ~
530 Posts
Oh, a "tactical light"... I was going to recommend a flashlight! :rofl:

All kidding aside, the Streamlight TLR-1 is a really great light and if you want a laser too, the TLR-2 is pretty darn nice. :supergrin:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
1) No. But they did bribe me with two free key chain lights and paid shipping! They were out of stock at the time, and this was their offer for ordering and waiting...

Please See Attached Pics 01 & 02...

2) Note (Pic 01) how the SureFire X200 nests beautifully into Glock's sharply curved trigger guard. They seem to be made for one another!

With the insertion of a new LaserMax UNI-GREEN between the dust cover and the weapon light, the X200s would not achieve lock-up on the UNI-GREEN's rail--they were now too long.

The simplest fix (pic 02) was a shorter weapon light, and the Procyon's body is about 1/2 inch shorter than the X200's is.

Problem solved! Lock-up achieved!

--Ray
Ah ok, so it was more a necessity to adapt than a choice?

Any experience with the X300? Thinking about picking one up here pretty soon...

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
1) Ah ok, so it was more a necessity to adapt than a choice?

2) Any experience with the X300? Thinking about picking one up here pretty soon...
1) Eaxctly.

2) I examined an X300 at the gun shop and took it into an unlighted men's room. Based on that, and a GT member's pic, the performance seemed to combine the X200's A & B, with a brighter, whiter LED. The construction was like that of the X200's, with typical SureFire quality--excellent.

The Procyon's beam pattern is rather like the X300's, which is to say a spot/flood, with an even brighter 125-lumen LED.

For comparison (see attached), the X200A is a spot beam. The X200B is a flood beam. The X300 and Procyon lights (not shown) are spot/flood beams. The latter provide greater width, and a lot more range, than a dedicated spot or flood.

I plan to mount the X200A on a shotgun. It's spot beam should make an excellent target designator, as well as a weapon light. The X200B and Procyon can rotate between the G17, G19, and G21.

--Ray

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
1) Eaxctly.

2) I examined an X300 at the gun shop and took it into an unlighted men's room. Based on that, and a GT member's pic, the performance seemed to combine the X200's A & B, with a brighter, whiter LED. The construction was like that of the X200's, with typical SureFire quality--excellent.

The Procyon's beam pattern is rather like the X300's, which is to say a spot/flood, with an even brighter 125-watt LED.

For comparison (see attached), the X200A is a spot beam. The X200B is a flood beam. The X300 and Procyon lights (not shown) are spot/flood beams. The latter provide greater width, and a lot more range, than a dedicated spot or flood.

I plan to mount the X200A on a shotgun. It's spot beam should make an excellent target designator, as well as a weapon light. The X200B and Procyon can rotate between the G17, G19, and G21.

--Ray
You mean 125 LUMEN? 125-watt would be UNGODLY bright. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts