Glock Talk banner

Best duty station you had

7291 Views 108 Replies 49 Participants Last post by  RedTeam98
Fort Carson (1st duty station), only one hour away from Denver CO (home)

Kaiserlautern Germany (2nd & final duty station) ETS'd from here and moved to Switzerland (I had a defense contracting job lined up before ETS).

Both were fantastic duty stations but I like Germany/Switzerland allot more.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

· Banned
3,329 Posts
RAF Sculthorpe. Norfolk county, England.:D

Reactions: Highspeed93

· Registered
3,984 Posts
Best duty was Permanent Party, Hdqrtrs Company at Ft. LeonardWood. REMFs had to look WAY over their shoulder to see me. :)

Lived in "inadequate officer quarters". Enlisted personnel could rent them for a song if we just cleaned and painted. Went from a WWII barracks to a two story townhome. Just a few short hours to Table Rock Lake for camping, boating, skiing and great parties. It helped that my in-laws lived in Springfield, MO. and had a cottage on Table Rock. Branson was just a good spot to put in the North Fork of the White River for float trips and camping!

This was all in the early '70s before Branson exploded.

· Registered
9,128 Posts
Never had one. 3rd MOB Tinker AFB - OKC (Midwest City).
TDY to every s-hole on the planet. :cheers:

· Registered
517 Posts
1st; Huckleberry Creek Mountain Training Camp, Ft Lewis, Wa
Taught winter and summer mountaineering and survival at a small mountain training Camp in the Cascade Mountains of Washington state.

2nd favorite; Ranger Instructor at Desert Phase Ranger School, White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Beautiful place to live and work.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1st; Huckleberry Creek Mountain Training Camp, Ft Lewis, Wa
Taught winter and summer mountaineering and survival at a small mountain training Camp in the Cascade Mountains of Washington state.

2nd favorite; Ranger Instructor at Desert Phase Ranger School, White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico
Beautiful place to live and work.
I use to test Patriot systems there before I transferred to Germany. I hate NM so much.

· NRA Life Member
75,785 Posts
Bamberg, Germany, is one of the best places I have ever been.

· Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Camp Stanley ROK 1980-82 with the 2nd ID, loved every minute
I did not have a problem with the army it was a good experience. My dilemma come down to: stay in and make 35k a year or get out with my education and MOS experience and make $250,000+ a year, I am loyal to my wallet.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts