Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand the finger ridges on the front of the grip anymore and I want to sculpt them down, and end up with something that looks decent. What's the best Dremel head(s)for this? I have several bits that look like router bits for removing wood, several sandpaper-coated cylinder type heads, and various stone grinding heads, as well as other heads.

Any other tips on accomplishing this would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
The 36 grt sanding drum..Then finish it off with 600 emerycloth..If you do a clean job it will look factory.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The 36 grt sanding drum..Then finish it off with 600 emerycloth..If you do a clean job it will look factory.
+1 ..thats what i did also, came out great ..not the best pic though srry :) ...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yeah and they have two diferent sizes also. A small diameter drum and a larger diameter sanding drum. I sanded a hammer head first to take some of the grit down a bit so it wouldn't be so agressive. I did the 600, but I finished with 1000g.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should have said at the start--I have really large hands/fingers, and when I grip the gun my fingers lay exactly on top of the ridges instead of them going between my fingers like they're supposed to.

Screw resale value, I want a gun that feels right. It is so much better now.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Thats all that matters..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts