close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Defensive pistol for Ladies?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by chocoboy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. chocoboy

chocoboy

Guys,

I'm getting married in a few months time... For some odd reason, my fiance asked me "When are you going to teach me how to shoot?" Then biglang hirit "Bili mo ko ng baril" with a matching smile. ;) So, I'm now looking for a pistol for her. Probably 9mm or .38cal. She has small hands so i think glocks are a bit stubby for her. Can you guys give suggestions. Wag naman sobra mahal :) Thanks!

2. magsasaka

magsasaka

gud eve sir choco boy,
    taurus p111 or the kel-tec models would be fine...
    congrats and best wishes for your bride po, regards...

3. Poodle

Poodle

Bersa .380 Thunder. Accurate yun at maliit lang. Parang James Bond. Kaya ko yun one hole at 7 m. Ingat ka din, me kakilala ako na tinuruan yung misis niya na pumutok. Ngayon lagi na maaga uwi niya.

4. chocoboy

chocoboy

heheheh kaya nga di ko alam kung matutuwa ako or matatkot e :supergrin: Pero it's nice to know rin na nagkakaroon ng interest yung soon to be wife ko sa hilig ko. Coz way before i proposed to her... sabi ko na my Guns are here to stay :supergrin:

5. chocoboy

chocoboy

Poodle, Magsasaka... thanks for the early reply.

San nga pala meron bersa thunder?

Magsasaka, thanks for the best wishes!

Gusto ko nga sana yung Taurus PT111. Kaso i like the older version yung mas maliit n all polymer. Kaso phase out na e. Ang takot ko lang is kung kaya nya kaya rack back yung slide to chamber a round.

Gusto ko na nga sana bigay yung kahr pm9 ko but i doubt kaya nya ikasa.

Kel tek... who sells them? My dad is looking for one rin. La ako nakita sa gun show e.

6. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

First, congratulations!:)

How's your bride's hand and arm strength and build? Depending on those factors my advice would range from the Steyr S9, Glock 19, to a full size 1911. I've seen petite females (5'0, 95lbs.) handle these guns well.

7. pipo

pipo

walther ppk 380 would be nice. I bought my wife a glock though:)

8. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

I agree. ;) .

A CZ-83 .380 would be a good choice too. 13-shot capacity and a slim grip. Good for a lady's small hands. But a 9mm and up is better than any .380

9. vega

vega

Congrats to you and Best Wishes for her.
    Before you buy her make sure first she can rack the slide.
    I used to have a Bersa Thunder but my wife have difficulty pulling the slide so she ended having a snub nose.

10. chocoboy

chocoboy

i realy doubt kaya niya recoil ng .40 and above. She has relatively small hands. She's 5'5" 100lbs. Tingin ko i'll end up with g19 nga. Still thinking kung may comp or wala. Laki ba diff sa recoil with comp?

Pag ayaw nya g19... akin na lang! hehehehe

Pero naghahanap pa rin ako ng .380 na ok. Looking for a Kel-tek. Hirap maghanap.

Oh thanks to all for the best wishes

11. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

12. mtho

mtho

hehehe pasubok ko sayo yung open ko sigurado kaya nya irack yung slide nun. then kung ayaw nya di me bago ka nang baril hehe. home defence naman diba? i doubt she can bring a gun in her place of work bawal yata sa kanila yun.

by the way the cz83 looks good also parang ppk na hicap

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

14. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Well I know a petite lady who shoots a .45 with no problem.
    If you want a .380, you wont go wrong with a CZ-83. You really dont want to go really small and light with a gun intended for a novice lady shooter. The recoil and the blast would certainly turn her off.

I remember my girlfriend almost dropping the .22 magnum revolver I bought her when she fired it. Although the gun has very little recoil, it was the loud blast of the .22 magnum that turned her off. The .22 magnum does not sound "BANG" when you shoot it but rather it sounds a loud "BOOM". She was crying after 3 rounds fired. The gun ended up mine :supergrin: and is now my favorite and most useful handgun. She ended up wanting me to sell all of my guns.:frown:

15. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

a bersa 380 would be one of the best candidate for the job.

i bought my sister a bersa 380. mura pa, although mahirap talaga irack ung slide..

inde ko lang alam kung pedeng putulan ung recoil spring ng bersa para lumambot ng konti..:supergrin:

16. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

.50 Desert Eagle or S&W .500 Magnum para maganda. Pwede pa pamalo pag wala ng bala. Backpack nga lang kailangan para sa lalagyan.

Kidding aside, maganda CZ-PO1, Steyr or Bersa Thunder. Sarap iputok.

17. Allegra

Allegra

great suggestions but a few questions lang :

does your wife know how to cleear a type 3 malfunction? ( ako nga di ko alam kung ano yun )
    How easily can she rack the slide of these pistols? can she even load ammo on the mags?
    Autos have complicaed manual of arms , is she going to train w/ it?

I'd go w/ a 4inch barrel revo in 38spl

18. asintaderoche

asintaderoche

For average wife...snubby in .357 5 shots... no slide to rack, jam to clear.., pull the trigger bang, pull again bang... just to consider that most of the fight will be happening so close and no greater than three rounds....

19. chocoboy

chocoboy

Thanks guys for the suggestions...

As i've written earlier, one of my concerns: baka di nya kaya i-rack yung slide. Definitely she doesn't know how to clear a jam :upeyes: but that can be learned :)

With revolvers naman, i'm sure mahirapan sya abutin yung trigger not unless it's cocked. My cuz bought his GF a revolver... ended up in the drawer kasi di kaya iputok double action.

Guys, what do you think about G19 for ladies? Di ba masyado mataba yung grip para sa kamay nila? Baka di nila mahawakan mabuti and when they go boom, mabitawan lang yung pistol :)

Bigay ko na lang kaya yung kahr PM9 ko :crying:

20. vega

vega

If you're thinking og G19 then you might want to check Steyr, better grips then Glock and I read from another thread that Deenoh will have S1 models coming in.