Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
What's a good set of drop in quad rails for around 100 to 150 carbimne length
Troy MRF-DI (have one) or DD EZ CAR (will get one).

· Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
If you want a non-FF quad rail system with the top rail continuous with the upper's flat top (i.e., the monolithic look), then DD EZ CAR is the only one out there, as far as I know.

· Registered
1,120 Posts
I never felt the need to spend well over $200 on a quad rail to fit my needs. I have basic two-piece rails from MIdwest and Troy. I will say the Troy seems to be better quality and was cheaper.

If you really wanted to go on the cheap you could try those USA made UTG rail sets that are only $70.

· Registered
50 Posts
Remember buy once cry once, Avoid the lower end stuff (UTG= air soft garbage), the YHM are hit and miss, Troy, Surefire, Knights, Daniel Defense are where you need to put your money, It would be better to put $100-150 into a used quality drop in rail than a lower end new rail.

· Registered
442 Posts
Remember buy once cry once, Avoid the lower end stuff (UTG= air soft garbage), the YHM are hit and miss, Troy, Surefire, Knights, Daniel Defense are where you need to put your money, It would be better to put $100-150 into a used quality drop in rail than a lower end new rail.
I've had 3 rifles with YHM Diamond Free Float tubes, Carbine length, Specter, and the full/rifle length and all have been great and easy to install.

· Registered
3,396 Posts

While I agree with you regarding UTG rails, I have never seen a "miss" with YHM, and I've gone through a bunch.

· Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
I've had my UTG quad rail for a couple of years and I've never had any issue with it. I keep my red dot, light and a foregrip mounted on it. It's never moved or shifted on me. It may not be the best out there but it was cheap and thus far has worked great for me.

· Formerly1811guy2
3,516 Posts
For the price and quality you will get no better than the DD. They are the best rail manufacturer on the market right now. Innovative and solid designs that are built extremely well. The EZ rail is an absoluite bargain considering what you are getting.

· Hook 'Em Up
4,213 Posts
While I agree with you regarding UTG rails, I have never seen a "miss" with YHM, and I've gone through a bunch.
Do any of you actually own a set of UTG rails, or are you just regurgitating what you hear? I've had a set on my work rifle for over three years. It is solid. It's milled from a solid piece of aluminum. My only issue with it is that it is noticeably heavier that other rails of the same size. But it's workable.

I have asked everyone who badmouths my UTG handguards why they don't work for me... I wouldn't attach optics to any rail that's not free float anyway, so why is it not good enough for a VFG and a light. I've heard people skirt around the question, but no one has answered me with any semblance of a reasonable response.

I'm under no illusions, and know that UTG isn't close to being on par with La Rue, Troy, DD, etc... But for someone on a budget who doesn't need anything fancy, it gets the job done. The rails are well made, sturdy, have never come loose, and haven't given any reason to have people who have never even seen them in person talk poorly of them.

· Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I plan on mounting a foregrip and surefire 951 on it. Should I just spring for a magpul MOE and the rail sections?

I am keeping my fixed A2 style front site on it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.