Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm working on another AR build and I'm looking for a trigger. I want to keep it under $150 and would much prefer to keep it under $100. I'm not focusing on long-range with this build. This is primarily a 100 yards or less gun. I would like to to stick with a single stage trigger for this build. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
17,137 Posts
I picked up a couple AIM SSTAT triggers when AIM Surplus had them on sale for $79 a couple months ago. They are back up to $99.95 right now, but I have seen them go one sale once since I bought mine, so it's probably worth just watching for another sale or sign up for their e-mails.

They feel pretty decent, but I haven't even been to the range with them yet. And I can't really say they are "The Best" because I haven't tried any other triggers in the price range to compare them to. I will say they are much better than the stock trigger that comes with any parts kits I have used.

Aim also has the Rise Armament triggers for the same price as the SSTAT, but the Rise come with antiwalk pins.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,661 Posts
I had a really good experience with a Hyperfire single stage in a DPMS AR10. Stock trigger pull was 9-10 lbs and it was a real struggle to keep it with 2.5 moa. Installed the Hyperfire, which dropped it down to a 4 lb. Groups tightened down to a 1-1.5 consistent grouping.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Laure, MBT trigger, comes in single stage or double stage. Flat or curved. I use the double stage flat cost $115. By far the best trigger for the money. Look at the reviews.
Last time I bought one it was $75. I like it a lot, 2 stage.
Here is another option I have not tried yet but would like to. Schmid tool 2 stage

·
Registered
4,085 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just get a JP enterprises spring kit and use the mil spec that the lower parts kit comes with. JP spring kit is under $11.00.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
12,025 Posts
I'm working on another AR build and I'm looking for a trigger. I want to keep it under $150 and would much prefer to keep it under $100. I'm not focusing on long-range with this build. This is primarily a 100 yards or less gun. I would like to to stick with a single stage trigger for this build. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
A JP Fire Control Group, adjustable single stage trigger and springs will cost about $100.

Reactions: Patient Zero

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The LaRue 2 stage is a nice trigger as is the JP single stage which breaks really cleanly, HyperFire is no slouch either. I've heard good things about that Schmid 2 stage as well, never played with one, but they supposedly supply triggers to others that put their name on them.

You really can't go wrong with any of the above, you may be able to find a Geissele in that price range on black friday if we all make it that far.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I and my wife are use to and like a lite single stage trigger so we have 2 older Hyperfire 24c trigger in the 2lb range and added a PDI blk thats a good 2lb trigger . All three hit harder than mil spec too BUT the PDI still breaks your budget buy 21 bucks unless you find some discounted deal or on sale .

·
Grip n Rip!
140 Posts
Larue MBT. Don’t second guess it.

I have the flat face 2 stage on my rifle length. Light spring.
curved single stage on my sbr. Heavy spring

I use the cans that they ship in as ear plug storage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts