Glock Talk banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
If you like the 26, you'll love the 30S. It's not as big as a 30 or 29. Concealable as a 19, even fits 19 holsters. Has a rail, I use a TLR7A. Same mag options as a 26, 9rd flush,10rd with pinky thing, 13rd G21 mag, and a Kriss extension makes the 13rd a reliable 30rd. There are also extensions to give you 17rds.
Okay! 45acp? Why?
It's a good SD round with the right ammo. Old School 230gr hollow points if you perfer. 135gr XD @1200fps gives you laughable recoil, like the 9mm does. 230gr have significantly more recoil. There is also +p 135gr XDs that do1400fps with less recoil than a 230gr.
But if you want more power for big animals, KKM barrel and 20lbs RSA gets you in the game. It's modifications that people usually do to 9mms for aesthetic purposes, but actually comes in handy in the .45 platform.
And, yes, you can fire everything from 230gr target ammo to 45super without any changes.
I'm a minimalist, I decided on a do it all gun, the G30S was the perfect choice. Power can be easily determined by looking at the case stamp. They will say 45 AUTO, 45 AUTO +P, or 45 SUPER, so there is no mistake on what power level you plan to use. Honestly, I skip the +P ammo. It's more expensive than 45super from UW and 45super is almost on par with range ammo if you wait for discount sales.
I carry WWB 230gr JHP usually, and backup UW 135gr 45super @1500fps because I'm usually in back woods areas at night for work. There are big cats and small bears. I dont worry about the 3ft Owls much.
Of course, 45auto is more expensive than 9mm, so if you cant afford it, just forget about it then.
I almost went for a .45 Super Glock 21 / KKM barrel / etc. and I would prefer a heavy .45 caliber bullet over any 10mm. The only reason I chose a Glock 20 though was because here in my corner of earth you can walk into any shop and buy a box of 10mm ammunition.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Revisiting this thread and really thinking about "the best all around glock" I suppose once you really look at what made Glock so popular and what got us forking over our hard earned cash. Your question best all around has to boil down to a 9mm glock (I'm not a big 9mm fan) and then the one to rule them all has to the 19 with the 26 getting honorable mention. Not really a ground breaking opinion and I can't claim this view to be original but, something that I can understand and appreciate after reading many posts on GT.

No matter how Glock recalibers the platform it was a 9mm originally and the 19 and 26 are just really the best examples of the brand I exclude the 17 and similar size Glocks because of the all around statement. I also own a 43 which I like and a 26 which my youngest will son be the proud owner of. If I owned a 19 that would go to him as wellI think they are the "best all round" Glock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My current glock count is 3. Just added a G22 gen 5 to the stable, threw on some sweet Ameriglo N/S. This is my duty rig as well. I also have a gen. 5 G19 with TRUGLO TFX PRO N/S, and a G45 with OEM N/S. I think Im good now!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

All day, every day, 24/7, 365.
That's the newest that I can get here in California and I have no problem with it.

Currently, I have a 19/26/30/29. The first three are on my CCW and they are carried in that order. If 9mm isn't your thing, then I would say either the 29/30 (depending on which side of the 45/10 debate you're on).

121 - 140 of 143 Posts