Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ll have to agree with all of the Glock 20 comments. As far as do it all, only the 20 can do that. I can hunt or have a woods defense option, and I can conceal it if I absolutely have to. I have both a 20 and a 29. The 29 absolutely carries better, but if you’re not used to the 10mm, the 29 is pretty difficult to control.

And for the record. I’m 5’6 and ... was... 160lbs (#dadbod), so I’m not a big guy, but dressing around the gun, I have successfully concealed the 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what does the .X represent when referring to different glocks? Like a 19.5 or whatever? I've seen references to 17.5, 19.4, etc around the interwebs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
@desertfox7266 : No, I have had no malfunctions shooting ball 115, and hollow points. I have around 600 rounds total through my S-15 magazines so far.
Thanks for the data point. I'm on the fence. If I'm walking into a firefight, I'll go G45 with big mags so my EDC with 10 rounders should ideally be backup.

I've gotten to the point where I prefer carrying multiple rather than carry spare mags. Currently the trifecta of G43x MOS, 38 Special 6 shot snub and 380 Auto 6 shot seems to carry well.

·
1911 lover
10,352 Posts
Another vote for the Glock 26. It shoots like a full size. Conceals very well IWB under a t-shirt. Can take any 9mm Glock mag. Hope Glock adds a light rail eventually.
Does not shoot at all like a full size glock. Barely 2 fingers and short and too light makes it a terrible choice for me. A g20 is perfect. A g32 is still way small but acceptable in my hand

·
Banned
15,909 Posts
Got to be the 19
And I don’t even have one. But its the most popular handgun in the country

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not to me and they have sure sold a lot of , Shields , 365’s , Hellcat’s and 43’s and not counting the Ruger’s and 1911’s .
That’s true but but I was referring to the 43x and 26/27
That said you are including 1911’s in this mix? It would be interesting to see if in 30 years Shields , 365’s and hellcats are anything more than old timer gun trivia. my thought is always your money your choice.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you like the 26, you'll love the 30S. It's not as big as a 30 or 29. Concealable as a 19, even fits 19 holsters. Has a rail, I use a TLR7A. Same mag options as a 26, 9rd flush,10rd with pinky thing, 13rd G21 mag, and a Kriss extension makes the 13rd a reliable 30rd. There are also extensions to give you 17rds.
Okay! 45acp? Why?
It's a good SD round with the right ammo. Old School 230gr hollow points if you perfer. 135gr XD @1200fps gives you laughable recoil, like the 9mm does. 230gr have significantly more recoil. There is also +p 135gr XDs that do1400fps with less recoil than a 230gr.
But if you want more power for big animals, KKM barrel and 20lbs RSA gets you in the game. It's modifications that people usually do to 9mms for aesthetic purposes, but actually comes in handy in the .45 platform.
And, yes, you can fire everything from 230gr target ammo to 45super without any changes.
I'm a minimalist, I decided on a do it all gun, the G30S was the perfect choice. Power can be easily determined by looking at the case stamp. They will say 45 AUTO, 45 AUTO +P, or 45 SUPER, so there is no mistake on what power level you plan to use. Honestly, I skip the +P ammo. It's more expensive than 45super from UW and 45super is almost on par with range ammo if you wait for discount sales.
I carry WWB 230gr JHP usually, and backup UW 135gr 45super @1500fps because I'm usually in back woods areas at night for work. There are big cats and small bears. I dont worry about the 3ft Owls much.
Of course, 45auto is more expensive than 9mm, so if you cant afford it, just forget about it then.

·
Registered
322 Posts
With regard to the right thumb riding high on the 42/43 try a hogue slip on grip. Worked wonders for me. If your criteria for high capacity doesn't require OEM high capacity mags then you could go with a 43X and ETS mags but I agree with those that say your closer to describing a P365X(L) rather than a subcompact Glock. If I could pull off concealing a compact Glock I think that would really be the sweet spot. My choice would be either a G23 with a G22 spare mag or G30 with a G21 spare mag. In my mind those two offer what your looking for as far a switching hats between HD and carry. In fact I say own a second of whatever you end up going with and shoot the heck out of them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
For me it's the G23, the G27 is close but as a single all around Glock the G23 is tough to beat.
Never owned a 23 but shot one a few times and if I ever expand to another caliber it would be a 23 hands down. Feels better in my hands than other Glock even better than my hands down favorite Glock 21. If I could only own one Glock it would be the G21.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts