Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been buying and selling Glocks and other handguns for about 16 years, looking for the Holy Grail ... a gun that is reliable, accurate, comfortable to conceal, low profile for reduced printing, provides high capacity, and usable for home defense at night (in other words, capable of simply attaching a weapon-mounted-light in the evening and easily removed in the morning).

So far, I've found the Model 26.5 to check most of the boxes, although the WML is a bit of a challenge, unless I want to dedicate the gun with a Streamlight, or take a few minutes each evening to screw on a ReCover Tactical frame rail adapter and mount an Olight Mini PL-2 Valkyrie light. I like the brighter light produced by the Olight.

I'm wondering about the G43 MOS as a possibility. However, I have some concerns about it. With the G43 and G42, my high right thumb grip has a tendency to press up on the slide catch release, preventing reliable lock back of the slide. Guess I'd have to handle a G43 MOS to see where my thumb lands to answer that question. My other concern is that the apparent offering for 15-round magazines (forget the name now) requires a steel mag release, which can wear down the stock polymer Glock mags over time.

My go-to handgun for deep concealment is a j-frame 642 or 637 with a factory-bobbed hammer.

Any experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Was issued a G19 at the end of 1988 when my Dept. went with Glock. I have been carrying a G19 for over 30 yrs and currently have a Gen4 and Gen5. All my Glocks have Ameriglo sights and everything else is OEM. For me the G19 is the best, Well I am also a self admitted Glock Fan Boy. Regards to all at GT but not to the A holes that put the moron in the WH. LET'S GO BRANDON

·
Mr. Awesome
12,807 Posts
Sounds like you’re looking at a G26 and forget the WML or get a G19. If the G19 is just too large for what you want and you have to have a WML, I don’t see a GLOCK fitting the bill.

I believe the S&W M&P have a rail, so does the FN 509 in the same size as the G26.

It would be nice if GLOCK put a rail on the G26/27; even if light selection was limited.

Reactions: rfd339

·
Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,632 Posts
a gun that is reliable, accurate, comfortable to conceal, low profile for reduced printing, provides high capacity, and usable for home defense at night (in other words, capable of simply attaching a weapon-mounted-light in the evening and easily removed in the morning).
In all honesty, you're not describing anything currently made by Glock (reliable and accurate yes, not the other stuff). However, the Sig P365 with an Olight Pl-Mini 2 Valkyrie with either a 12 or 15-round mag precisely checks every box you've listed.

Reliable - Two recent examples of the P365 going 100k rounds.
Accurate - Can be shot accurately past 50 yards.
Comfortable - Hard to get more comfortable unless you're going down to a pocket pistol.
Low profile - Hard to beat the P365 for deep concealment.
High capacity - 10, 12 or 15 round options.
HD/CCW - Fills either or both roles.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
When I was shopping for something that ticked most of the boxes, a G26 was on the radar, but if a slightly longer handle isn't an issue as it wasn't for me, the 43x is hard to beat. Of course a G19 is everyone's go-to gun, except it isn't the best for concealment, especially for smaller to medium sized bodies.

What seduced me to the 43x/48 is the shape of the grip. It just felt natural in my hand. No other Glock felt natural to me. As noted you want to put a Streamlight on the front, and I can tell you that the TLR-6 that I hung on the front of my 43x improved the felt recoil to such an extent that I never intend to take it off. In my mind the only thing that a longer pistol provides is slightly better sight distance and a bit of additional muzzle velocity.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
11,949 Posts
Glock 19. Period.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In all honesty, you're not describing anything currently made by Glock (reliable and accurate yes, not the other stuff). However, the Sig P365 with an Olight Pl-Mini 2 Valkyrie with either a 12 or 15-round mag precisely checks every box you've listed.

Reliable - Two recent examples of the P365 going 100k rounds.
Accurate - Can be shot accurately past 50 yards.
Comfortable - Hard to get more comfortable unless you're going down to a pocket pistol.
Low profile - Hard to beat the P365 for deep concealment.
High capacity - 10, 12 or 15 round options.
HD/CCW - Fills either or both roles.
Deputydave - I appreciate your input, but I had some issues with a pair of P365s a couple years ago, so I'm a bit gun shy (pardon the pun). I agree on all counts, but my Sigs left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Could I get over it? Maybe, but right now the bad taste still makes me pucker up a bit.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts