close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best aftermarket Glock triggers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BigMoosie, Feb 12, 2012.

1. BigMoosie

BigMoosie

What's the best aftermarket trigger to get. I'm buying a 19 for competition and CCW, what would be the best trigger to get?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. Melissa5

Melissa5

The only one I've tried is the "Travis Haley Skimmer" from glocktriggers.com. It is marketed as a carry trigger, but I've added a 4 lb striker spring and will be using it in my race gun. I've read that "The Edge" trigger kit is also very nice and is marketed as a competition kit. Note...if this is for GSSF, then these trigger kits can only be used in unlimited. "The Guardian" is GSSF legal though.

3. BigMoosie

BigMoosie

What do you think of the Haley and was it easy to install?

4. Glock+2

Glock+2

I put a Vanek Super Grand Master in a comp gun.....has little to no pre-travel/little to no over-travel/smooth pull....but the reset is longer than my OEM

5. Melissa5

Melissa5

I love the Haley Skimmer and not because it's endorsed by Haley. I didn't even know who he was when I bought the trigger kit. :upeyes: It is marketed as being very 1911 like...that's why I bought it. It has reduced pre-travel, which is great, but it still has a 4.5 lb connector (because it's marketed as a carry trigger). It is a heavier trigger than what I can get using a Ghost Rocket 3.5 and Wolf competition springs (that setup does not give you reduced pre-travel though). I added a 4 lb striker spring and think the Skimmer is perfect for competition with that addition. It is a drop in trigger kit, so you won't need a gunsmith to install it. If you can field strip your Glock, then you can install this kit.

6. joshfromhouston

joshfromhouston

I am trying to decide between the skimmer or the guardian for my CCW Gen 4 26. Has anyone used the Guardian from glocktriggers.com at all?