Best Aftermarket Barrel in a Glock for Accuracy?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tulley, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Tulley

Tulley

Best Aftermarket Barrel in a Glock for Accuracy?

I posted this in the General Glock Talk forum, but I probably should have posted it in this section of the Glock Talk forum.

Here's my question; I need a couple of target grade barrels. One for my G22 & one for my G35. I was looking at a Jarvis or KKM barrel or ????

Any suggestion and/or experience with this process would be helpful, including brands, performance, fitting, etc.

Thanks
    Tulley

2. mballai

mballai

I've bought two LWD barrels and am more than pleased with them.

3. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

As much as we all love them, Glocks are just not bullseye pistols. Having said that, for best accuracy, the barrel must be hand fitted to the slide and frame. The fitted barrel with the best reputation (and highest price) is made by Bar-Sto, with a hand fit Jarvis a close second. Of the drop-in mass produced barrels, KKM is known for high quality. (I am most satisfied with the one in my G17L.)

Overall, there is rather little difference between the effective accuracy of a factory barrel and any of the others. Most misses are shooter error rather than mechanical.

4. D. Manley

D. Manley

Pretty much my take as well. I have a KKM for my 34 that shoots great but frankly, I can tell no discernable difference in off-hand shooting. Using from my little modified pistol rest (which is rock steady) -and- using my CMore Red Dot setup, I do get a tighter groups at 25 yards with the KKM. Even with the precise aiming of the red dot, in my hands any difference between the two shooting unrested is nil ...

5. PzGren

PzGren

I find an overtravel stop more helpful in attaining better accuracy than an aftermarket barrel. With my aging eyes, I also need better sights.

6. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

I like the Fire Dragon system. I use their ported barrels and dual action buffer in my G32 and G33. I like the control they give and the barrels are match grade not to mention less wear and tear on your gun. The package I got was $229 per gun at norecoil.com.

Good luck:wavey:

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I had a KKM Glock 22 barrel with compensator that was very, very accurate. I would buy another if I had a need to add a compensator or something. On the other hand, if I didn't need to add a compensator, I would consider changing barrels for "accuracy" a complete waste of money. The stock barrel is very accurate, so you won't get much benefit from a new barrel.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Exactly - money is better spent on something to help you shoot the gun more accurately than on something to make the gun more accurate - it is almost certainly already more accurate than the shooter.

9. big88foot

big88foot Millennium Member

I also have a KKM barrel for my G22, and, like others have said, I can't see much difference in accuracy. I bought it so I could shoot lead and get better support for my cases - which it gives. Looking back on it, I don't think I'd do it again, (want to buy mine?).
    RR