GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have Tripp, Ed Brown, Wilson and Colt mags. The only mags that I ever have any issues with is the Colt mags.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Because the OP asked for the best 1911 mags and not the best value.
That’s a ridiculous post, given that the OP provided zero criteria on how he defined the best mags. One definition is as good as the next. It’s up to the OP to pick:

I see you got into it with somebody else over your ridiculous posting as well.

I think I will just add you to my ignore list and avoid future ridiculous posts. Looks like you’ve been here all of 15 minutes. Great job getting ignored already. Lol!

·
Registered
945 Posts
That’s a ridiculous post, given that the OP provided zero criteria on how he defined the best mags. One definition is as good as the next. It’s up to the OP to pick:

I think I will just add you to my ignore list and avoid future ridiculous posts. Looks like you’ve been here all of 15 minutes. Great job getting ignored already. Lol!
the OP asked for the best mag and Wilson Combat ain’t it. Neither is Mec-Gar.

ooohhhh, getting ignored by the likes of you? I’m shivering with pleasure.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Well, I’ve like Wilson , cause they’re smooth, but I’ve also got plenty of cheap ones I picked up at traders row at camp perry. They run fine.

·
JAFO
4,310 Posts

Don't waste your time feeding trolls, it never pays off in the end. You won't be able to break through to someone who already knows everything.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
A lot of good ones out there and just as many opinions. Everybody has their favorites. In 9mm and .45, Wilson ETMs and 47s for 10mm are all I use anymore.

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,307 Posts
I use Mec Gar in my Colt Combat Elite. Cheap and awesome. You could pay more, but why?
I switched to Mec Gar as hard use range mags.
They have been 100% all summer long in 45 auto 1911.
Mec Gar, Metalform, and Checkmate manufacture mags for most all the pistol manufacturers.
For carry I will spend more.

·
Lost in transit
6,382 Posts
While I am not impressed by them due to cost alone, here is the opinion of a proven SME. From jason burton himself :

If you want a 7 round magazine the gold standard is the Wilson 47.

If you want an 8 round magazine get the Wilson ETM-HD (500C-HD).
Fewest problems?? ... with all honesty that can be a bit tricky to say. While I think that the best currently available 10rd single stack 45ACP 1911 magazine is the Wilson Combat ETM (500-45FS10), it should be noted that there are instances when people incorrectly attribute feeding issues and/or malfunctions to magazines. Magazines are not and have never been a cure all, a properly set up 1911 is still required in order to have a greater margin for success when using magazines holding in excess of 7 rounds.

So short answer is... in a properly set up 1911 the Wilson is a safe bet.
Link

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?219840-Wilson-47D-or-EPM

·
Registered
CLM #38
10,284 Posts
Commence Sarcasm WHAT WOULD JASON BURTON KNOW ABOUT MAGAZINES? i HAVE TO KEEP HIM FROM SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION TO THE OP!!!!!! Sarcasm Concluded

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have Chip McCormick Customs.
I like the ones with the guy's name on it. and don't mind paying a little more. I only have four; all for SD carry purposes. I figure he has a lot to lose if any get out there that are crappy.
I once asked the man that makes my flute headjoints if he sells any 'seconds'. He recoiled in horror and said, "Do you know what would happen to my business if I let a sub-par headjoint get out there with my name on it?" It made a lot of sense to me, so I use Chip McCormick. Also, that's all the ex-Marine gun shop owner I patronize sells. He knows his stuff too!
I find people that know much more than I do about a subject, and follow their advice. It saves me a lot of time, and allows me to do other things. YMMV.

Reactions: slamdunc

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I like Wilson Combats ETM's in 45 and 9mm. I also like metalform in 9mm. I have Tripp springs, followers that I need to put in some les baer magazines.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts