GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Overall, for any 1911 in the universe, I would say Metalform or Checkmate USGI feedlips with the flat follower with the dimple.

Any serious builder of 1911s would agree with that.
Apparently Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Les Baer, Nighthawk, Guncrafter disagreed. Perhaps they're not serious 1911 builders...

·
Lost in transit
6,380 Posts
Checkmate with hybrid feed lips to work with hollow points. They make Colt mags too.

I also run tripps.

And the tripp super 7 rebuild kits are the best thing for old Mags.

I have about 20 old Novak eight rounders that I converted with tripp super sevens and they're reliable as all get out.

Wilson's just do not impress me

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,001 Posts
I have a Colt if that matters.
Thanks, in advance.
Whoever makes them for Colt. I've never had any issue with stock mags.

I've also had good success with Wilson Combat. Slick and smooth finish, no feeding issues.

·
Registered
941 Posts
ALL are in 45 ACP. 1911's in other calibers do not interest me.
then you should qualify that your experience with trouble free Wilson Combat mags are only relegated to .45 caliber.

I probably own close to 30 Wilson Combat mags in .45, 10mm, 9mm and .38 Super.

outside of the .45, I’ve found Wilson Combat mags performance in the other calibers to be less than stellar.

·
Federal Member
29,220 Posts
Wilson Combat.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: G40Gen4 and 10or45

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
then you should qualify that your experience with trouble free Wilson Combat mags are only relegated to .45 caliber.

I probably own close to 30 Wilson Combat mags in .45, 10mm, 9mm and .38 Super.

outside of the .45, I’ve found Wilson Combat mags performance in the other calibers to be less than stellar.
I don't know who TF you think you are, but save your instructions on how to post for someone who's interested.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts