Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
100% Infidel
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read here a bit, now and last year. Planned to harvest a Whitetail deer here in central NC last Fall. I bought a used Remington 700BDL with a Simmons scope. Beat up gun with lots of honest wear- probably took a lot of deer in it's time. Shoots 3/4" groups at 100 meters with Remington Core-Lokt 30'06 rounds.

Last Fall I got my hunting license and just couldn't put together a weekend to hunt. I have a friend from PA who has taken deer, he's offered to take me out. I have a coworker who says that he has large deer on his land that are easy marks. I know of two local meat processers who will cut and pack my venison.

So I want to take a deer. As of yet it's not something I want to spend more than a couple of weekends doing. I make jerky and stew, and want some local meat for 'em.

I'm all ears for your advise.

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts
If you have good friends to take you, then listen to them, they will teach you what you need to know. Just make sure you have all of the proper licenses, tags, and permission to be legal, I can only imagine a visit from the game warden would discourage you on your first hunt.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think the best thing you can do is get in that stand and just sit quietly until the deer come by. When you think there is no chance anything will come by, sit another hour. Then remind yourself that the last hour went quickly and sit another hour. Be patient and you will find one. Be legal, smart, and safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts