GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-Yo Silver! The Lone Ranger! ... With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early western United States! Nowhere in the pages of history can one find a greater champion of justice! Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear! From out of the past come the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver!

The Lone Ranger rides again!

It's a Law and Order thing? Common Outlaws need not apply...

That's right. The Good Guys Now Wear Masks. Bizarro World is upon us.

(kinda on a related note...) Zorro was a good guy too IIRC altho he was hell on bad guys shirt fronts w/ that rapier "Z" slash thing. Masked. Bad guys... no masks & shredded shirts. There's a lesson there...

...and we all know, love and admire the Dread Pirate Roberts and his well stated and clairvoyant position on masks... or should.

All of which has nothing to do with advice or advise on buying and hoarding condoms in lieu of TP, granted. But I feel better for getting it off my chest and that's really all that matters.

·
USN Retired
7,656 Posts
There are times I wear a mask that have more to do with with anonymity than Covid.

If I don't want to be delayed by folks who only know me through the job but want to talk to you every time they see you...

Masks are great. Save a lot of time when it's in short supply. :cool:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk
Another plus is that I can check out younger gals and pretend they must be older.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
There are times I wear a mask that have more to do with with anonymity than Covid.

If I don't want to be delayed by folks who only know me through the job but want to talk to you every time they see you...

Masks are great. Save a lot of time when it's in short supply. :cool:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk
Jus an FYI, but the slightly heavy use of makeup and snazzy hair style kind of render the mask/anonymity thing irrelevant.
joker_christopher_nolan_0.jpg
It might be the eyes.

Reactions: TBO

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Didn't the governor of NJ say people should wear masks while doing the horizontal dance?

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,355 Posts
I bet people will still wear the masks after the whole thing blows over. They would want to be thorough.
There will be mutations and new viruses. This is just setting a precedent for conforming.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
It's kinda weird seeing people using bandanas, tshirts, nylon or a very porous material for a mask.
Recommended at one time, maybe still recommended.
Following the science, lol.
It's Like catching salt with a chain link fence.
It's not about the masks, it's about the hysteria. Control.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cute...
But, it would be cuter if you spellchecked your thread title. :eek:uttahere:
It would also be cute if your grammar was on point before correcting others. The word “but” is a coordinating conjunction, not a conjunctive adverb. As such, when beginning a sentence with a coordinating conjunction, do not put a comma after the coordinating conjunction.

The mistake you made, however, is a fairly common mistake, not unlike people misspelling the word “advice.”

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
Cute...
But, it would be cuter if you spellchecked your thread title. :eek:uttahere:
It would also be cute if your grammar was on point before correcting others. The word “but” is a coordinating conjunction, not a conjunctive adverb. As such, when beginning a sentence with a coordinating conjunction, do not put a comma after the coordinating conjunction.

The mistake you made, however, is a fairly common mistake, not unlike people misspelling the word “advice.”
Oh man! Here Jonesee.......

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
9135C43B-EC82-4293-9726-9A7E75D09830.jpeg
775A9F74-ED12-4757-A9A4-F627AF7201A6.jpeg

Not been inside a building other than home with less than N95 since March. Maybe these people are scared of fomites. Personally I doff once in the car, not worth putting extra mileage on the masks when the risk is super low. If you’re at risk and wearing a mask that actually works somewhat, it makes perfect sense to wear them on short trips until you can get home and decontaminate. Cloth masks? Whatever makes people feel safe I suppose.

·
Registered
11,983 Posts

Yes. And if you (notice the wrong way to start a written sentence in English) also speak French, you have to remember the sex of the noun and whether a descriptive adjective comes before or after the noun. Also (again starting a sentence wrong in English), separately written words may be strung together in French - called an elison.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes. And if you (notice the wrong way to start a written sentence in English) also speak French, you have to remember the sex of the noun and whether a descriptive adjective comes before or after the noun. Also (again starting a sentence wrong in English), separately written words may be strung together in French - called an elison.
Maybe you should move to France...

21 - 40 of 55 Posts