close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best 9mm load for GSSF??????

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DaleGribble, Mar 25, 2003.

1. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I started out shooting Winchester 115gr 9mm ammo through my G17, simply because I can get it for around $11.00 dollars a 100ct box at Wally World. I wasn't to happy with my groups so today I tried UMC 115gr ammo, it seemed to shoot better out of my G17, and at 25 yards I was getting about 2 inch groups shooting from a rest. Previously I had been getting about five inch groups from a rest with the Winchester 115gr ammo. I also tried Winchester 147gr ammo and it didn't fare to well, a little worse then the 115gr Winchester ammo.

Anyway, what is the most popular 9mm load in GSSF??????????

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

One of our Masters used to use PMC. Another uses Winchester USA from Walmart. Whichever works best for you is best for you, as no two pistols are exactly alike. And remember, you only have 6 shots at 25 yards, and need to keep them in an eight inch circle.

3. PhilipD

PhilipD 17L/CarverMount

Remington 147 gr. FP Match bullets with N330 at 850 fps. works of me.;)

BTW, Don't tell FireGlock that I put this load out to the public.;N

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Oh No is Fireglock Ever Going to be Upset Now. ;L ;L ;L ;9 ;9 ;9 ;+

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Yeah, well I got spanked at Orlando by some dude from Texas shooting Winchester White box 115 grs. THAT is a reality check! I even brought it to the match for him! I'll fix him for Anderson, I'm changing out his ammo so he'll shoot two 115s and then a 147, that should slow him up a bit! ;f Just kidding Texas Tony! ;f

Philip has helped me win a gun or 4 with his load so he can share if he wants to. Anderson is going to be a fun match in Unlimited. :) I can feel the heat now.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yea, besides he only gave the brand, weight of bullet, velocity and powder but not the actual load. Bet he really meant 147gr Rem. Match bullet with 5.0gr of AA # 5.;U ;U ;U

7. Clem

Clem

Hi, Jerry! After reading the above, I guess I have to bring more ammo with us - you know, some that hasn't had a liberal dose of the "Fireglock Mojo"!!! ;a ;a ;a Just kiddin, buddy! We appreciate the "delivery service"! Can't wait to see & visit with everyone Friday. Looks like Sunday will be the best day to make some noise at the range. Does the host club @ Anderson usually have a side match? Three days & counting!!!!! Tony & Donna.

8. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The absolute best I have found is Triton high master, incredible groups but pricey. My second choice is my own loads. If I were to stay with standard factory stuff then PMC 115 JHP. The softest factory ammo and excellant groups.

9. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Hmmmmmm.....Tony is talking of bringing more ammo and is asking if there is a side match. Jerry is using a Carver mount in "rapid red". Should be a fun weekend.

We are hoping that the Thur/Fri expected sandstorm passes and we can get in some practice for AZ.

Hope everyone has fun.

10. Clem

Clem

Pssst. . . . Mike. The Carver mount on my main gun is "rapid red", also! I'll need the extra ammo only if Fireglock puts his mojo on the ammo sent to him! Good luck to you & Bobby in Az. Show 'em how Texans do it! Take care, Tony.

11. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

The only 9mm ammo I have used in all my outings at GSSF is factory Winchester 115 Grain ball in the 100 round "Value Pack". I have won money and a 1st place pistol with that brand and will continue to dance with the one that brought me. :)

I also stopped shooting .40 and .45 so as to consolidate ammo requirements and have been very happy with my 9mm entries.

GO Winchester ;f GO Winchester ;f GO Winchester ;f GO Winchester ;f GO Winchester ;f GO Winchester ;f

12. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Well in all honesty I can't mess with Tony's ammo without messing up Donna and I wouldn't want to do that! :) I'll just have to live with my performance, I am using a "rapid red" Carver Mount! ;f

Foto, When you have something comfortable that works go with it, running with what brung ya isn't a bad philosophy. :)

13. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

14. Glockshot

Glockshot

I'm useing Hodgdon Universal Clays powder and it calls for 5g at 1.125. I'm doing 6g at 1.130 and have not had the problems that I was haveing with the suggested.

15. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

You chrono those 6.0 grain Universal loads yet?

TR

16. Glockshot

Glockshot

No I haven't , by the way they'er with 115 gr bullets. But I've been happy with it since Jan. of this year, use it in IPSC and IDPA wherefore I was was haveing mech. malfunctiions, ejection to the next operation.

17. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

No presure signs? What gun you shooting it from?
    I like Universal but always thought it was weak in 9mm @ 5.0 grains max charge for 115 grain......but then I always thought there was room for bumping the load.

TR

18. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

No presure signs? What gun you shooting it from?
    I like Universal but always thought it was weak in 9mm @ 5.0 grains max charge for 115 grain......but then I always thought there was room for bumping the load.

TR

19. Glockshot

Glockshot

I'm useing a Glock 17. The last match was at Anderson and agaain no problems.