Glock Talk banner

Best 40->9mm Conversion Barrel for G35

5129 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Bilrus61
All,
I am picking up a G35 later this month and looking to get a 40->9mm Conversion Barrel and was wondering which is the best one. I will be using G17/34 17 round Mags

I tried to google this and plenty of hits but most are 3-6 yrs old and much has changed in that time.

Thank you,
Steve
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14,519 Posts
Define "best". Price, accuracy, easy on brass, best feeding?

For price, it's hard to beat Lone Wolf. KKM and StormLake are also good; but generally cost a bit more.

For accuracy, Barsto is hard to beat; but you will take a beating in price.

For easy on brass (important if you reload), you want a fully supported and tighter chamber.

For best feeding, you'll want something with a looser chamber; but accuracy may suffer.

I have Lone Wolf barrels for all my Glocks. Never been disappointed. Are there better barrels? Possibly, but are they worth 2-3 times? Not so sure.

You're not exactly starting with a tack driver gun; so set your expectations accordingly.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
You can spend more, but LoneWolf is your best value. You may have to change the ejector and extractor to get it to run %100, and sometimes go to heavier 124/147 ammo to cycle the heavier barrel.
I agree with this advice. I had a LW and recently upgraded to an Alpha Wolf, the only difference is the AW finish is dark (if you go with the AW, polish the feed ramp, the coating is a little sticky).

I have swapped all the 9mm bits to see the difference (LCI/non-LCI 9mm extractor, LCI/non-LCI 9mm SLB, 9mm TMH and ejector, etc. etc.

My best function with my Gen 4 G35 is using a G34 RSA, conversion barrel and that's it. I even use the G22/G35 magazines, the ejection is a little better on my gun with the 40 magazines, maybe because the rounds sit a little higher in the feed lips, not sure.

The only caveat on the LW is if you plan to load your own lead rounds, I would go with KKM. KKM comes with a little more generous throat than LW, Storm Lake, etc. Sometimes an issue with fat lead bullets.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I probably could have been more clear in my post. I am planning on using this for Steel Target Comp so feed reliability is a plus. Nothing kills your time like having to clear a jam or Feed issue.

· Registered
8,142 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I probably could have been more clear in my post. I am planning on using this for Steel Target Comp so feed reliability is a plus. Nothing kills your time like having to clear a jam or Feed issue.
FWIW, I have had better reliability with some LW 9mm
conversion barrels in Glocks than OEM, it may be due
to the tapered 9mm round and less recoil, slide speed.

As WW said, even with 40 mags.

You don't know until you try.

· Registered
8,977 Posts
Steve, are you talking about the Steel Challenge, or a local action steel match? Either way you shouldn't be having issues with any Glock using quality ammo and the proper grip.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
As long as I am using the G34 RSA, I get zero feed issues with either my LW or AW conversion barrels. The difference I was experimenting with all the 9mm bits was ejection pattern as I was getting a little brass to face in some of my light target loads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.