GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
AAAMAD
30,986 Posts
Can't find a nib 6920 in stock for under a grand.
The Smith and ruger? Still $500
Yes, Colt still asks a lot, but I see fewer and fewer sell. Unless they’re department guns, I see almost no new Colts at classes anymore. The last 3 classes I’ve been to I’ve seen more Noveske, BCM, and PSA rifles than I have Colt.

99% of the funstores around me have stopped carrying Colts unless you special order one, because the PSA’s, Smith’s and Ruger’s out sell them 20-30 to 1.

You can certainly ask more because they’re not going to be available. But the problem is, Colt AR-15’s and their premium prices just aren’t super desirable anymore. Unless someone just has to have the prancing pony roll mark. A BCM, Larue, or Noveske is a better gun in the same price range.

·
Daca is caca
3,539 Posts
Yes, Colt still asks a lot
They're listed for that ($1k) on gunbroker and out of stock at all the big retailers.
It's not what colt is asking.

·
AAAMAD
30,986 Posts
They're listed for that ($1k) on gunbroker and out of stock at all the big retailers.
It's not what colt is asking.
It’s not a question of listing price. It’s a question of actual selling price, time on shelf, and volume.

If you wait long enough, someone might buy your Colt for 1k.

But in that time how many 5-600 AR’s fly off the shelves?

Sure, they may be out of stock, because they likely had a stock of 1-2 rifles. Where as they stock 10-15 of the cheaper guns.

Colts simple aren’t as desirable as they once were. Especially now that they’ve lost the mil contracts.

·
Daca is caca
3,539 Posts
It’s not a question of listing price. It’s a question of actual selling price, time on shelf, and volume.

If you wait long enough, someone might buy your Colt for 1k.

But in that time how many 5-600 AR’s fly off the shelves?

Sure, they may be out of stock, because they likely had a stock of 1-2 rifles. Where as they stock 10-15 of the cheaper guns.

Colts simple aren’t as desirable as they once were. Especially now that they’ve lost the mil contracts.
The non discerning buyer will always reach for the low hanging fruit. A good example is $40 raven .25 in the ghetto.
Meanwhile the prancing pony laughs at colt haters

·
AAAMAD
30,986 Posts
The non discerning buyer will always reach for the low hanging fruit. A good example is $40 raven .25 in the ghetto.
Meanwhile the prancing pony laughs at colt haters
Discerning buyers seem to have moved to LWRC/Larue/LMT/BCM. Hence Colts inability to stay in the market...

Certainly no hate, I loved my Colts. I just got out from under them when I realized I could buy/build 2-3 new rifles for the price selling my single gun years ago.

·
Viva Hate
22,367 Posts
Get a PSA premium build kit with an FN barrel for $500 and with a cheap lower you still have money to spare

·
Registered
426 Posts
IMO the “best” is the Colt A2 Government Model from the 80’s with the GS serial number. I believe these were the closest thing to the one Colt sold to the US military at the time. They only made about 8000.

·
NRA Life Member
64,242 Posts
Find a good barrel and build a rifle around it. It's an AR; there is no reason to pay for a brand name.

Reactions: AK_Stick

·
emeritus
3,529 Posts
A BCM, Larue, or Noveske is a better gun in the same price range.
Excluding personal preference and opinion, we both know it is pointless for me to ask you to back that statement up with facts or proof. After all, it's just about a good barrel, right? Colt makes a damned good barrel that checks off all the boxes.

·
AAAMAD
30,986 Posts
Excluding personal preference and opinion, we both know it is pointless for me to ask you to back that statement up with facts or proof. After all, it's just about a good barrel, right? Colt makes a damned good barrel that checks off all the boxes.
Even if it were just about a good barrel, I would still place Colt behind Larue and Noveske.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts