close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best 125mg video card,,,,,

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by sigman69, Dec 14, 2006.

1. sigman69

sigman69

i did a system scan from crucial memory website and they recommended a radon 9600se 128mg video card....I want to upgrade my videocard and if this is the largest I can go on my motherboard does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

John

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

I prefer the Nvidia cards over the ATI cards.Mostly personal but they do what I want in Windows and work much better in Linux.

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Yep...

I don't think you should be restricted on how much memory your video card can handle. As long as you get the proper bus type (AGP or PCI most likely), you should be fine. 128mb video card are disappearing quickly and being replaced by 256mb cards.

Post a little more info about what Crucial told you(could you use a 4x AGP card, or a PCI card, etc.), or post your computer Make/Model.

Assuming AGP, the card linked below is pretty good. You don't have to use the TV outs, but I've always found it cool to watch TV on the PC while searching the net. Really, the speed of the port(in the card below, 4x), is irrelevant, as if you buy a card to fast it will just run at the maximum speed of the port.

If you have to get a PCI card, make sure you get PCI, and not PCI Express, big difference.

Here's the AGP card I put in a PC I built for a relative not to long ago, and it works great.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1904065&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

Or if you'd like to go with NVidia... this is more or less the same card as above(4x AGP, 256mb, etc), its just an NVidia card..

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1458679&CatId=0

IGF

4. Darkmage

Darkmage

That's interesting. I prefer ATI cards because I like the color saturation and contrast levels better than NVidia for regular (non-3d) use. [shrug]