Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a new holster and one that you can actually tuck your shirt in without it being so obvious. I’ve tried a few in the past that we’re anything but tuckable.
I’ve got a G42 that I use when I’m in business/church attire and concealment is a top priority with this holster. Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
I use Sticky holsters for all of my cary guns.
This one is only a couple months old
Tools.jpg
This one is three years old and is used every day and was just recently replaced.
Not bad for a $30 holster.
IMG_0945.JPG

·
Registered
685 Posts
I really like the "Cover Up" from Tucker Gun Leather as I can tuck in my shirt if need be.
I have used them for years.
I also have and use same type from Tucker & Byrd and also Garret Industries.
They are all good and I think you would be pleased.
Having said that - like alot of folks - I have a big drawer full of holsters..... and for IWB Tuckable I use the Cover Up's.
gamboolman....

·
Registered
945 Posts
I really like the "Hidden Hybrid". I use it for my G42, tuckable, low profile clip, leather backing keeps the slide off your skin if you aren't wearing a T shirt, and the claw is optional.
IMG_0220.jpeg

·
Lifetime NRA member
2,622 Posts
I use a Kusiak tuckable leather holster for my 19. I had a Vedder before and the Kusiak is more comfortable.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I use Sticky holsters for all of my cary guns.
This one is only a couple months old
View attachment 749528
This one is three years old and is used every day and was just recently replaced.
Not bad for a $30 holster.
View attachment 749526
I have a sticky that I used when I had a XD. I was skeptical but they actually work great for just holding the gun. If you are just strictly carrying it’s not a bad way to go. I haven’t used it with my Glock yet but my 43x fits perfectly in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'll go to the old school and vote for the Galco Ultimate Second Amendment. It's a horse hide holster and the belt clip is very subtle. Not sure if they make them for the G42, however. In fact, I called Galco a couple years ago because I wanted one for a G43 I had at the time. The man who answered said they were discontinuing them.

All of which means, I'm truly a dinosaur. I used one almost exclusively with my first Glock, a G27 purchased in the winter of 2004. Despite the fact that I weighed about 25 pounds more back then, the holster and gun hardly printed at all, even under a t-shirt. After a lot of wear, the horsehide became nice and smooth.

For the ultimate in tuck-ability, I would reverse thread my black belt, going clockwise around my waist so the tag end of the belt was on the right side of my 'gig line' instead of the left. That way only the very top of the black clip would show between the belt and the tag end.

Sometimes I get nostalgic for that rig, especially now that I'm retired and not spending so much of my day either at a computer, driving, eating in restaurants or attending business functions (also sitting). The only time it was uncomfortable was when I was hunched forward and the barrel end dug into the top of my right thigh to the point that my leg could get sort of numb.

I've wandered so far from my original concept of being a 'one gun' pistolero, that I can even THINK of purchasing another handgun. As of now a Sig P365 is my primary carry, with a G42 second on the list, mainly for pocket carry, and I bought a well-worn G23.2 from a buddy who carried it through 20 years on a major metro police force. That gun is primarily for home defense and if the SHTF in a big way (hopefully not soon, but if things keep going down hill, there might be a lot desperate people foraging for food and things of value).

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I just Ordered a new AIWB holster. Keepers Concealment Cornerstone ( It is Tuckable) I am stoked, really looking forward to when I get it!

Reactions: pstmstr

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those of you that use the Vedder, can you still use it while wearing a dress shirt that you have to tuck in?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like Stealth Gear, for me it is more comfortable and conceals better than Cross Breed. They have different models available.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm a fan of what I believe was the original tuckable IWB holster: the Crossbreed Supertuck.
I've worn mine more times than I count, including a wedding, with my dress shirt tucked around it. It's solid, firm, secure. It works.
I would second the recommendation - very well made holsters.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,972 Posts
I’m looking for a new holster and one that you can actually tuck your shirt in without it being so obvious. I’ve tried a few in the past that we’re anything but tuckable.
I’ve got a G42 that I use when I’m in business/church attire and concealment is a top priority with this holster. Any input would be much appreciated.
FWIW, I’m afraid that so-called “tuckable” IWB holsters will still be very obvious with the clip or loop still on the belt as a major telltale sign. Given the increased number of CCW license holders out there today, “tuckable” holsters are becoming much like the “Sneaky Pete Holster” - everyone can tell that you are carrying because of the visible clip or loop on your belt. I have some but do not tuck my shirt over because of that, but use them as regular IWB holsters with an untucked shirt or an outer garment to conceal the holster.

If you absolutely must be discreet without an outer garment, I think an “undershirt holster” or a “belly-band holster” under your dress shirt would work much better. I still use now-discontinued Kramer’s “Confident shirt holster” when concealment is most important.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts