Bersa TPR9, this one is seriously on my radar.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Slugo, Jun 8, 2020.

1. wild cat mccane

wild cat mccane

Recall, Bersa takes most of their nods from Walther.

What you're see is the P88 levers-all over the place.

The PPK and P88 are the majority of Bersa's starting places.

2. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

One of the things I like better than Argentinian firearms are Argentinian women...just sayin':dancingbanana:[​IMG]

3. bac1023

bac1023

The Thunder 9 is a loose copy of the P88 for sure.

That said, the Walther is much more refined.

4. wanderson

wanderson

This, I had a Thunder 9mm hicap, this appears to be a slightly updated version.
    I was happy with mine, a gritty trigger and not as polished as other choices but a very accurate pistol, and reliable. A clone of a Walther p88. Mags were pricey back then, and today they’re $50 so not much has changed.
    Bersa’s not quite the bargain they used to be but still seem to make good quality firearms. I think this is a better pistol than the PPK clone .380 Thunders.
    I’d also look at a Tristar (CZ clone) if you want a steel frame pistol for under $400.

5. plp

plp

I've had good success with Bersa, wife's .380 Thunder Plus broke an extractor at under 50 rounds and they made it good, other than the gas to drive it to Gander Mountain was covered under warranty. Looking at it, was obviously a manufacturing defect.

I had a compact 9mm, steel frame, don't remember the model number, but was a 13 round capacity, solid little chunk of whoopass. I shot it OK, but a friend shot it like it was on rails, swapped me a Rock Island Armory AR-15 his wife hated for it. He carries it to this day. I sold the AR-15 two days later, had a waiting list for it at the time.

His wife's carry? A Thunder Combat Carry .380.

If Ruger did not exist, suspect I would have more Bersas.