Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen much about this!!! How did I not know about it?

(photo posted by p-t-max on BersaTalk.com)

I know that Taurus is coming out with a SS 9 and .40, but if Bersa offered them, I would choose the Bersa in a heartbeat over the Taurus!

Anybody know more info about these? I pulled this from a user on BersaTalk.com (posted by Lucius Bersus):

Model numbers are as follows for the new polymer conceal carry Bersas:

BP9MCC-- matte black finish 9mm
BP9DTCC-- duotone finish 9mm
BP40MCC-- matte black finish .40S&W
BP40DTCC--duotone finish .40S&W

Here's some spec's on the 9mm (from camfour.com):

BP9MCC - BERSA BP9MCC 7RD FCCaliber : 9MM Slide : STEEL
Action : STRIKER FIRE Frame : BLACK POLYMER
Magazine Capacity : 7 Finish : MATTE BLACK
Barrel Length : 3.25" Grips : BLACK POLYMER
Overall Length : Model # : BP9MCC CONCEAL CARRY
Weight : 22 OUNCES * MAGAZINE SAFETY * HAMMERLESS
Sights : ADJUSTABLE * TWO MAGAZINES * PICATINNY RAIL
* POLYGONAL RIFLING * LOADED CHAMBER INDICATOR

The .40S&W specs are the same only with 6rd. mags instead of 7.

Prices are as follows (from autolifeinc.com):

Matte black 9mm & .40 models: $336.76
Duotone 9mm & .40 models: $343.39
I LIKE IT A LOT!!!:wow:

TGG

·
Build the Wall
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like the single stacks are all the rage these days.

The Walther PPS may have started it. :dunno:
Yep, and Glock is losing out BIG TIME!!!!

Maybe they will get the hint now:dunno:

TGG

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I have not seen much about this!!! How did I not know about it?

(photo posted by p-t-max on BersaTalk.com)

I know that Taurus is coming out with a SS 9 and .40, but if Bersa offered them, I would choose the Bersa in a heartbeat over the Taurus!

Anybody know more info about these? I pulled this from a user on BersaTalk.com (posted by Lucius Bersus):

I LIKE IT A LOT!!!:wow:

TGG
Wanted to add, I like it a lot as well!!!! Stinks there is such a minimal amount of info on these right now (release date, etc). Either that or I just can't find it online anywhere. :embarassed:

·
Sweetn the ride
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Yes and making even MORE money is inconceivable!:upeyes:
Because spending a ton of money on R&D and new production far outweighs continuing to build the same pistols that are in extremely high demand right now. :upeyes:

Ever heard the phase don't fix what ain't broken?

I'm all for innovation and new products, however at this point in time I don't think glock really needs to go this route.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I have a bersa and I give it 2 thumbs way up.

it is a great pistol.

My only complain is the finish looks like it was put on by a drunk monkey using a magic marker.

However it seems to have resisted corrosion well enough.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This new Bersa COULD prove to be interesting. It has a certain STEYR look about it and the curved style gripping striations on the slide are similar to those on the newest Glocks!

·
Useless Member
4,013 Posts
Ugly thing but if it's they can honor that price I'd have to give it a serious look.

when it comes down to it, the extra .2" of thickness really isn't that big of a deal, practically speaking.

i'll take the extra 7 rounds thank you. :supergrin:
There's plenty of hi-caps available, I have a couple and they have their role. But SLIM IS COOL, do you really need another reason?

·
Build the Wall
10,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a bersa and I give it 2 thumbs way up.

it is a great pistol.

I have three and they are AWESOME!!!:wow:

Personally, I hope Glock DOESN'T come out with a slim 9:supergrin:.

Why?

Because Bersa is just as reliable and almost half the price!!!:whistling:

TGG

:rofl:*****FLAME SUIT IS ON*****:rofl:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Many people don't agree.

many people THINK they don't agree. :supergrin:

i dunno... the glock just equals peace of mind for me. it's a known entity, it's VERY reliable by any standard.
i looked pretty hard at the walther PPS (that's the single stack right?) and it just didn't give me the same level of confidence.

looked at the glock 36 too. didn't seem worth the loss in capacity. so i carry a G19 or a G26.

·
Registered
126,369 Posts
many people THINK they don't agree. :supergrin:

i dunno... the glock just equals peace of mind for me. it's a known entity, it's VERY reliable by any standard.
i looked pretty hard at the walther PPS (that's the single stack right?) and it just didn't give me the same level of confidence.

looked at the glock 36 too. didn't seem worth the loss in capacity. so i carry a G19 or a G26.
Glock isn't the only game in town.

They're no more reliable than 80% to 90% of the handguns on the market today.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm interested, as Well..

I can't speak to any of their Other Models,

but I used to own a Bersa Concealed Carry, in .380acp, and I loved that lil Pistol to death..

butttt, I carried it for about a month and a half between range visits, and on the second mag at my Next Excursion, it started gettin Antsy with the ammo..

FTE... BANG... FTE... BANG.. FTF..

Then about three rounds later, still within the second mag, the Single Action goes Haywire.. BANG in double, absolutely NO single.. HUH???

:wow:

Opened her up at home and the Spring that Handles the trigger reset and Action Bar, slipped outta its comfy home.. Made the weapon a Double Action only Blaster.. FIRE-decock-FIRE-decock.

I repaired the Pistol, and then I realized I didn't trust it.. I figured if I had really needed the weapon, it would have broken on me.. That is pretty Disconcerting, Folks...

I Repaired it, then I sold it to the Local Store, with full Disclosure...

Not saying I don't trust Bersa, I looved that thing... I just didn't trust MY Bersa...

·
Registered
166 Posts
It sure looks Nice for the Three and a Half Bills they want for one..

usually the MSRP is a lil High from the manufacturer,

Do you guys think it'll Stick at 340$ or will it creep down a little??

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Kahr has been living off of single stacks for years.

Walther PPSs are not easy to find (in 9mm anyways) around Houston so I would say they are doing well.

Taurus is bringing out new single stacks because they see a demand and possible sales.

Ruger LCP is flying off of shelves.

Seems single stacks are a strong seller, most folks understand that 6-7 rounds is enough firepower for social interactions of the negative variety. The 1911 has thrived for a century with it's single stack magazine. Regardless of how you measure it single stacks are easier to carry concealed and thus are selling extremly well these days.

Glock might be wise to bring one to market.

That new Bersa looks nice BTW.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anyone Else think it looks Vaguely like an SR9 with the angle of the trigger and Grip?

I think if it's quality, and Decently Reliable, it'll Fly off the Shelves..

But Too many people associate Cheap, with CRAP. So new buyers might be a bit apprehensive because of the low price tag.. Remember, Skyy, and the Cobra Patriot pistol that you can only feed .45 "ball" in?

Like was said, Kahr LIVES off these single-stacks, and the PPS is pretty popular, and everyone and their sister wants a Single-Stack Glock 26.. I think it'd be good for Bersa.

Slim for the Win.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts