Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LazerDog here, with a question for my fellow plinkers.

As much as I love the Browning Hi-Power MKIII, I cannot justify spending $900 on a pistol at this time. Has anyone had extensive experience with the Bersa Thunder Pro XT, and how does it stack up as a competition pistol?
If the Bersa Thunder Pro XT is not a good choice of Hi-Power clone, what would an experienced shooter recommend?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I've seen this one as well. I'm always wary of YouTube presenters, it's hard to find out who was paid to say what. This fellow seems like he's on the up-and-up, though it does have that hint of "sales pitch". I've seen a fellow use a Bersa Thunder Pro XT in competition, but I do not know if this was a stock pistol. My local gun shop is a great shop, but do not usually have a wide variety of pistols, so coming across one of these to even handle is unlikely.

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
I have had the UC 45 for a couple of years. I love the gun and it’s a lot of fun. A little picky with ammo and not as completely reliable as Glock.

The factory parts are sometimes not milled to perfection, so be ready to make some tweaks. I recommend purchasing some extra guiderod springs, as I discovered they don’t last long. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
LazerDog here, with a question for my fellow plinkers.

As much as I love the Browning Hi-Power MKIII, I cannot justify spending $900 on a pistol at this time. Has anyone had extensive experience with the Bersa Thunder Pro XT, and how does it stack up as a competition pistol?
If the Bersa Thunder Pro XT is not a good choice of Hi-Power clone, what would an experienced shooter recommend?
Laser, I find that they’re all over-hyped. At least the modern day mass produced guns. Bersa has a decent reputation for quality and priced reasonably.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
It’s a good gun for the money. Accurate reliable, built to tighter tolerances than other Bersa products. I have shot it, and liked quite a bit.

Reactions: LazerDog

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
FEG PJK9, an exact copy of the BHP. On gunbroker for $350-500. Also imported under the KBI/Kassner/Charles Daly labels over the years. Good, sold, accurate Hungarian-made BHP clones. Some had extended slide releases and safeties, some just the release or safety, some neither. Depended on the importer. Check the pics in any ad closely. FEG also made a P9M model which outwardly mimicked a BHP but had a different lockup system. It's not a direct copy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FEG PJK9, an exact copy of the BHP. On gunbroker for $350-500. Also imported under the KBI/Kassner/Charles Daly labels over the years. Good, sold, accurate Hungarian-made BHP clones. Some had extended slide releases and safeties, some just the release or safety, some neither. Depended on the importer. Check the pics in any ad closely. FEG also made a P9M model which outwardly mimicked a BHP but had a different lockup system. It's not a direct copy.
I had a chance to buy a pair of FEG P9Ms, I should have jumped on it. Hungarians make quality firearms.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It’s a good gun for the money. Accurate reliable, built to tighter tolerances than other Bersa products. I have shot it, and liked quite a bit.
Can you recall the trigger, if it was crisp? Was there very much take-up, or over-travel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts