Berne Echo One One conceal carry jacket

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by BengalBacker, Nov 29, 2019.

1. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

I ordered one of these last night, 30% off for black Friday with free shipping. Came to $85.40. Anyone have one? If so, do you like it?

https://bernedirect.com/collections/mens-ccw/products/ccwj01

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYvAJgHXcYM

You need either a velcro or molle holster to attach it in the pockets so I also ordered a Crossbreed Purse Defender holster, which is what the guy in the video is using. It was 15% off with free shipping, $33.96.

I was just looking for a coat, not necessarily a conceal carry coat, the zipper on the one I'm using keeps screwing up. I came across this and kind of liked it, so what the hell.

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Looks like an excellent jacket, without the concealment capability.

I prefer a one handed draw to free my other hand for whatever purpose.

Today, I put my revolver in my cargo pocket inside a Desantis holster. I walked with my hand on my gun. The advantages I have are not having to use two hands, drawing is faster, and I can shoot through the pocket, if absolutely necessary. From my pocket, I can draw while seated in a car.

This coat seems efficient but slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD

BengalBacker likes this.

3. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

I usually pocket carry my G26 in a DeSantis Superfly, also wearing deep pocket cargo pants. Works really well for me, but in the winter with a coat on, or when driving I'm thinking this might be a good option. Guess I'll find out.

4. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I got one CC vest at Rural King the other day on my last trip to our Michigan Cabin, but tried it on and didn't like the break away Velcro pocket so I returned it.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1

I don't live in a area that's that cold all day so no interest beside this coats not cold weather coat with only a quilted flannel lining . Besides when I go into a building that's warmer I take off at least one layer of outer wear and that would be my jacket or coat so I have zero interest in a CC jacket or coat . If you work physically and carry a full size handgun ever a poly framed model the pockets going to swing as you bend and work so how long with the pocket stay closed really .

How that hail did we CC before all there tacticool products came along . Seems many forgot .

Lt. Donn likes this.
  6. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

This was delivered Thursday while I was at work and I wore it to work yesterday. I won't have the holster until Monday or Tuesday, but I'm very happy with this coat so far. It's heavier/warmer than I expected and seems to be very well made. They're back up to $122 plus shipping now, but for the $85 shipped that I paid, I couldn't be happier so far. We'll see how it works out with the holster.

robhic likes this.
  7. hardluk1

hardluk1

8. ACE31

ACE31

Nice jacket but stupid practice method in video of placing support hand behind head while drawing/firing.

BengalBacker likes this.
  9. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Its cold out and he was trying to get the hood up over his hearing protectors and ball cap eh?

BengalBacker likes this.
  10. ACE31

ACE31

Either that or dance the macarana on the firing line....LMAO

FullClip likes this.
  11. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

I got one of those CCW hoodies from the NRA store(expensive). Had snap pockets on each inside of the coat. but after about a week the zipper broke, had to have it replaced. Then the right and left hand outside pockets tore out the stitching. Had to have that redone several times. The outside started wearing badly. Just gave it to goodwill.

12. TacticalDesire

TacticalDesire

Appendix carry with a decent down jacket is easier, faster and warmer and I get to keep my gun when I take my coat off. The Berne would be nice working a jobsite outside though perhaps.