Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
If you punish officers and don't support them for doing their job, you won't have any officers. It's not complicated.

Remember you get what you ask for. If you think you can get what you want by hiring any cheap jerk off the street, you have a rude awakening coming.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The residents overall are idiots. Peruse the local paper's website (Berkeleyside) for some good laughs in the comment sections it'll make you wonder how in the hell those people can afford to live there yet be so stupid.
The BPD issued a statement a few weeks ago that cooperating with ICE was “contrary to our city’s values.” and I couldn't help but think to myself 'they wonder why they're all quitting.'

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yep. Starting pay is around $94k, top is around $117k, and they'll never get out-of-state cops to pick up and move there. Why?

Because THIS is a $695k house in Berkeley, CA (2 bed, 1 bath, 921 square feet, built in 1921)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1420-Harmon-St-Berkeley-CA-94702/24828244_zpid/

...and THIS is a $740k house near where I'm from in IA. 4 bed, 4 bath, 4400 square feet, built in 2013.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5608-River-Pkwy-NE-Cedar-Rapids-IA-52411/2091572819_zpid/

What a sh*thole.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The residents overall are idiots. Peruse the local paper's website (Berkeleyside) for some good laughs in the comment sections it'll make you wonder how in the hell those people can afford to live there yet be so stupid.
The BPD issued a statement a few weeks ago that cooperating with ICE was “contrary to our city’s values.” and I couldn't help but think to myself 'they wonder why they're all quitting.'

They should call their paper Back Side and wipe with it

Time to bus all social deviants there and give them a taste of what the rest of the USA has to deal with.
And see how long it takes before it's not a sanctuary City.

·
Registered
33,692 Posts
Bulldoze it. Nothing but fertilizer comes out of that place.
I dispute this entirely. Fertilizer is useful and that crap coming out of there is patently useless.

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Its time to clean up that rats nest.....Send in the Military and sweep it clean.... View attachment 378487
It is not the militaries job to attack US citizens no matter how crazy they are. However if you wish to raise a regiment of militia and invade California I might be willing to send you some money in return for some entertaining video.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Good. Don’t blame them one bit. When the citizens don’t appreciate you, and the city government doesn’t support you, it’s no longer worth the personal liability to continue working there.

These idiots are about to learn a valuable lesson about just how very important police are.

These idiots just don’t realize how lucky they are to be policed by citizens of their own community, instead of by their government or military personnel. It’s a privilege most of the world does not have.

I hope they all pull out, and that city is back in the Stone Age in a couple of years.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yep. Starting pay is around $94k, top is around $117k, and they'll never get out-of-state cops to pick up and move there. Why?

Because THIS is a $695k house in Berkeley, CA (2 bed, 1 bath, 921 square feet, built in 1921)

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1420-Harmon-St-Berkeley-CA-94702/24828244_zpid/

...and THIS is a $740k house near where I'm from in IA. 4 bed, 4 bath, 4400 square feet, built in 2013.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5608-River-Pkwy-NE-Cedar-Rapids-IA-52411/2091572819_zpid/

What a sh*thole.
Real estate market needs a serious correction out there. That first property looked like a damned repurposed FEMA trailer.

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
Actions matter. Back in the 1970's there was a saying. " next time you need a cop call a hippie". Nothing has changed. Liberals dump on the police, disrespect the law and then vote in a Mayor to support their liberal view of the world. The natural effect is that law enforcement suffers, bad folks see this and take advantage. There will be an unfortunate consequence in that the liberals will bail out of the area and infect other cities with their venom leaving behind another failed liberal wasteland.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts