Glock Talk banner

Beretta tip ups

1097 21
I just completed my collection of tip up barrel Berettas, I got a decent deal on the 25Caliber that needed some parts and the owner wasn't interested in repairing it , he just wanted it gone. He had sent it to Beretta for repair and they said they no longer do repairs on them. I have located the parts and they are on the way.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I just completed my collection of tip up barrel Berettas, I got a decent deal on the 25Caliber that needed some parts and the owner wasn't interested in repairing it , he just wanted it gone. He had sent it to Beretta for repair and they said they no longer do repairs on them. I have located the parts and they are on the way. View attachment 1134674
Very nice! I want to do the same. I have the .32 ACP Tomcat. I want a .25 and a .22 version.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have a 21A in .22LR that my sister originally purchased from Oshman's Sporting Goods when she was working in a large downtown area and frequently not leaving until after dark. Still has the original box and price sticker of $189.99. Not really my idea of an ideal carry gun, but for those who have grip or strength problems with their hands, beat trying to stave off an attacker with your ball point pen. At 7 yards this one will easily put all rounds in the 9 ring or head area on a B-27 target.

·
M&P
6,433 Posts
I like the new FDE models with threaded barrels and wanted to get one, but there are apparently serious issues with the metallurgy with them with several big YouTubers reporting breakages. So, I’m holding off. But I have a couple .22 cans begging for one….

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I’ve got two of them from the Mid-Late 80s. Paid $120 for the first one in 1985. I shot the snot out of that one and had to buy a second shot so I had something reliable. Shot that one mucho also. They were pretty reliable - not Glock reliable, but reasonable with Remington Golden Bullet 40 grain back in the 80s. They sort of became safe queens after a while and probably last fired one of them 15 years ago when using them as a single shot trainer for my youngest when he was around 5. I sent them both back to a service center last year and had them refreshes. Unfortunately they just don’t run as reliably as they used to. I know they don’t like Mini Mags or Punch, but even modern renditions of the Golden Bullet don’t run without some form of stoppage. I have accepted the fact that they are worn out. Nevertheless they were fun and functional when I was cash strapped in college. I considered myself pretty skilled with them back in the late 80s to early 90s.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice trio of tip-up tiny mouseguns.
Wouldn‘t refuse a .25 Jetfire 950 BS. Never gelled with the .32 Tomcat. Really liked the 21A Bobcat in both .25ACP and .22LR, a lot.

Coveted my friend’s Cheetah 86, a lot. They’re $pendy collectors’ items these days… but still ideal for some folks with hand issues like arthritis. Maybe someday….

1 - 20 of 22 Posts