Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
School me on this gun. For those of you who have one.

How do you like it? How does it compare or differ from the 92 series ? I’m much less educated on this gun than the 92 series.

The prices on these in my local shops are really good.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
A friend has a .40 compact. I like it. I heard they had soft recoil, and was still very surprised by how soft it was.

Edit

He said he got a deal on it because the .40 was discontinued.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend has a .40 compact. I like it. I heard they had soft recoil, and was still very surprised by how soft it was.

Edit

He said he got a deal on it because the .40 was discontinued.
Damn the 40 has been discontinued? I still see it listed on Beretta’s site.

This pistol has been in production since 2004 and you hardly hear anything about it. It doesn’t seem to be a big seller so I’m surprised Beretta still offers it at all.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Damn the 40 has been discontinued? I still see it listed on Beretta’s site.

This pistol has been in production since 2004 and you hardly hear anything about it. It doesn’t seem to be a big seller so I’m surprised Beretta still offers it at all.

If it's still on their site, then I'd say the guy behind the gun counter was mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened lol.

Anyway, I think he paid around $330-340 for it new, about a year ago.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's still on their site, then I'd say the guy behind the gun counter was mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened lol.

Anyway, I think he paid around $330-340 for it new, about a year ago.
Yeah they’re virtually the same price around here. And more than one shop had a few. I’m just hesitant to buy and then beretta stops supporting it. I guess I could always trade in. At that price I could snatch a 9mm and 40 for the price of one Sig Da/SA lol.

·
NRA Life Member
6,630 Posts
I would buy one if I found one for $330. I haven't seen a new one around here in a long time.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
6,487 Posts
Over the years - I have owned 4 of them. 2 full size 9mms, a full size in 40 cal, and a compact 9mm. I still have the compact model right now.

The full size models are accurate. And, stock - the DA pulls is better than the DA pull on a 92FS. The DA pull isn't quite as heavy.

They are accurate. But, I don't like the slick sides. I always wished they would have put a thumb depression on the sides, like Glock does. I always have to put some type of rubber grip on them, as they are too slick in the grip IMHO.

They are "okay." I prefer the 92 platform more. The rotating barrel does reduce recoil - but it does more for the 40 and 45 round than it does for 9mm.

I bought the compact PX4 t carry occasionally, several years ago. But, I found that I preferred the HK P2000 I already had. So, I rarely carried the PX4 compact. I will admit the DA pull is better on the PX4, but I still like the HK more.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Over the years - I have owned 4 of them. 2 full size 9mms, a full size in 40 cal, and a compact 9mm. I still have the compact model right now.

The full size models are accurate. And, stock - the DA pulls is better than the DA pull on a 92FS. The DA pull isn't quite as heavy.

They are accurate. But, I don't like the slick sides. I always wished they would have put a thumb depression on the sides, like Glock does. I always have to put some type of rubber grip on them, as they are too slick in the grip IMHO.

They are "okay." I prefer the 92 platform more. The rotating barrel does reduce recoil - but it does more for the 40 and 45 round than it does for 9mm.

I bought the compact PX4 t carry occasionally, several years ago. But, I found that I preferred the HK P2000 I already had. So, I rarely carried the PX4 compact. I will admit the DA pull is better on the PX4, but I still like the HK more.
I am a Beretta nut. I've owned 41 Berettas of different types over my lifetime. The PX4 - to me is just Meh.... Too many other handguns I like way more...
The Beretta 92 is my favorite hand gun. I recently got an 92x centurion and it’s amazing. I’m a little worried that I’m just going to start purchasing any and all 92 series models, so that’s why I’m trying to look at other guns lol.

But I am willing to give the PX4 a try. I do love the rotating barrel design though. I wish more manufacturers would do that.

·
Premium Member
15,898 Posts
I have the Langdon tactical one, I can’t comment on the standard one in terms of trigger / trigger weight.
The rotating barrel/ barrel mechanism is interesting. I can’t tell you why specifically but the mofo is surprising accurate ( attributed to the barrel / barrel mechanism) .
Glad I own it.

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
6,487 Posts
The Beretta 92 is my favorite hand gun. I recently got an 92x centurion and it’s amazing. I’m a little worried that I’m just going to start purchasing any and all 92 series models,
Nothing wrong with that - I have owned 29 Beretta 92 variants over the years :)

But yea - I will admit that over time, I wanted other stuff, so I sold some to pay for other guns.

For me, my gun collection is always fluid. My interests change over the years. And, I never could afford to keep every gun I've owned. I sold some to buy others.

The PX4 will run. And, it's a good gun, if that is what you are worried about. Make sure to hold one before you buy it, though

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nothing wrong with that - I have owned 29 Beretta 92 variants over the years :)

But yea - I will admit that over time, I wanted other stuff, so I sold some to pay for other guns.

For me, my gun collection is always fluid. My interests change over the years. And, I never could afford to keep every gun I've owned. I sold some to buy others.

The PX4 will run. And, it's a good gun, if that is what you are worried about. Make sure to hold one before you buy it, though
It felt excellent in my hand, fit well and felt comfortable, but I have to agree with the sentiment of it feeling too slick. I would definitely put some talon grips on it or do something about the slickness.

That is a ****load of 92 variants. I guess you’re one of the guys to go to with 92 questions lol.

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
6,487 Posts
It felt excellent in my hand, fit well and felt comfortable, but I have to agree with the sentiment of it feeling too slick. I would definitely put some talon grips on it or do something about the slickness.

That is a ****load of 92 variants. I guess you’re one of the guys to go to with 92 questions lol.
Yea, at one point, I had nothing but 92 variants. I still have tons of mags and extra parts. I wish I could still carry one, but with lower back and hip pain, they are just too heavy.

But, I just got another Beretta CX4 carbine - so all those mags still come in handy :)

I think getting a PX4 stippled would probably be great. But yea, the Talon grips are easier.

·
Registered
23,227 Posts
Los Angles Airport Police used to issue them. I don't know if they still do. They were .40 cals back then. They were pretty happy with them then

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Had the full size in .40. Easy shooter, and I liked the quirky looks of it. Pretty sure the sights were off on mine as it shot low. If I adjusted my sight picture, it was dead on. Who knows maybe it was me.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Love my 9mm PX4. To me, the 92 grip is too large, even with a smaller backstrap. The PX4 just fit my hand perfectly the first time I picked it up. Absolute tack driver, I aced my CCW test using it. Impressed the rest of the class.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts