Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Beretta Mod.71 last week online and picked it up Friday. Man, this thing is one great little 22 pistol. I tried multiple brands and flavors, and haven’t had a single failure. Even cycled subsonic rounds with out a hiccup. I plan on putting it in the Bridgeport mill at my buddy’s shop this week to remove the fake suppressor so I can actually try to shoot a few groups and see what it does, but I’d recommend one of these to anybody for the money.
544D390F-635C-487B-A9A8-9BEEFC47F061.jpeg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They been makin pistololas since the Roman times.......
I have a 92a1 and a 90-two and have always enjoyed those. Saw this ,since I was already looking for another 22 to shoot in the back yard, and I’m just impressed. I now have a model 81 in .32 acp on the way just to add to the collection. After that I’m thinking about an apx. Been a long time fan of their shotguns too.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Old school Beretta .22s and .32s are underrated.

Reactions: Bill Keith

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Very nice,
Beretta built some quality pistols, with a splash of style.
Enjoy!
We are waiting on a range report post faux supressor.

As a side note, I had a LNIB 70s ,basically the same pistol , except all steal and adjustable rear sight.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Congratulations! I had one for years and foolishly sold it. They are great shooters. I've seen them sold with the fake suppressors, I assumed they were just screwed on. How is it attached?
In order to be importable under the GCA, the pistol needs to be a little longer to meet the size requirements. In this case, the importer had someone thread the barrel, install the silencer, drive a pin into the thread and spot weld it.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
In order to be importable under the GCA, the pistol needs to be a little longer to meet the size requirements. In this case, the importer had someone thread the barrel, install the silencer, drive a pin into the thread and spot weld it.
Good morning, do you know if it is legal for a gunsmith to remove that false silencer?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good morning, do you know if it is legal for a gunsmith to remove that false silencer?

Perfectly legal, they were just attached to comply with import laws. I have access to a machine shop, so most of the time I do my own work. Oddly it’s not that bad of a shooter with the faux suppressor. Sights are just a wash, still fun on steel targets though.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Perfectly legal, they were just attached to comply with import laws. I have access to a machine shop, so most of the time I do my own work. Oddly it’s not that bad of a shooter with the faux suppressor. Sights are just a wash, still fun on steel targets though.
Thanks, in the picture it looks in extremely good condition.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, in the picture it looks in extremely good condition.

It has a few spots of light rust, and some shiny spots on the aluminum frame... going to fix all of that soon. I was very pleased with it when it showed up.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
For the end user it is legal to change a handgun and he has not obligation to comply with the 1968 GCA rules, a rifle under 922(r) is a different matter.

·
dpast32
379 Posts
I picked up an older Beretta Model 75, aka 'Jaguar', .22 LR back in the 1990's. I already had a couple of .22 LR handguns, but this particular example was mfg'd in the year I was born, & was in absolutely beautiful condition. Its 6" barrel is extremely accurate for a fixed sight pistol. Plus, these '70' Series Beretta's have interchangeable barrels. It remains one of my favorite .22 LR 'Plinkers'.

Best, dpast

Reactions: Krink92

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I picked up an older Beretta Model 75, aka 'Jaguar', .22 LR back in the 1990's. I already had a couple of .22 LR handguns, but this particular example was mfg'd in the year I was born, & was in absolutely beautiful condition. Its 6" barrel is extremely accurate for a fixed sight pistol. Plus, these '70' Series Beretta's have interchangeable barrels. It remains one of my favorite .22 LR 'Plinkers'.

Best, dpast

I was really impressed with how great it feels for being so small. It’s definitely built extremely well.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Some metal on the fake suppressor needs to be grinded off with a Dremel or rasp to expose the pin. There are videos showing how to determine where the pin is. Just go slowly or you might remove some of the actual barrel.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some metal on the fake suppressor needs to be grinded off with a Dremel or rasp to expose the pin. There are videos showing how to determine where the pin is. Just go slowly or you might remove some of the actual barrel.
I have access to a milling machine and have plenty of tooling, I’ll take a couple thousandths off at a time until I can get an Allen key in there. Worst comes to worst I can cut and re-crown the barrel if needed. But I shouldn’t have any issues. Spent many years in a machine shop, and luckily still have access to machines whenever I need them. Should be a fun project to tackle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts