Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Reliable, especially the .25 acp model. The .22 lr lacks a bit in reliabilty, but it is mostly ammuntion failure, not firearm failure.

Pretty handy to load, unload and check if it is or not by just popping the barrel open. Some folks have trouble with slides on tiny autos.

The 21 is an interesting critter in that it can be carried "cocked and locked" (let's not have a discussion on the merits, but it is possible), with a round in the chamber and the hammer down and shot double action for the first round (with or without the safety on, again let's not beat a dead horse), or with the chamber empty and the magazine full (hey, we gotta include "isralie" carry if for no other reason than to raise someone's ire).

A bit bigger than the 950, but still small enough for some pretty deep concealment.

And of course, it is a very well made pistol. Whether you like Berrettas or not, you have to admit, they make a good quality firearm.

Now, would I have it as my one and only firearm for concealed carry? No. But I own one and do on ocassion carry it as a backup and at times due to need for deeper than usual concealment carried it as my one and only firearm. Let's face it life is compromise, and a little gun is a heck of alot better than none at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have one and like it. It's a bit wide to back-pocket carry but I buddy carries his .32 there so it can be done. A good truck/tackle box/backpack go-anywhere gun. Mine is in between the seats of my truck right now. A good and handy gun for the money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have blue, stainless, 22, 25 model 21s as well as a bunch of 950s. I collect Bers. The 21 is near perfect (for what it is) but for concealed carry the 950 is easier to hide. Ruger LCPs are good too but the Beretta pop-up barrel is very handy.

21s are a nine plus out of a possible ten. 950s score ten.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I had one and love it. It's a great little pistol. love how it feel in my hand. Only reason it's no longer in my collection was because someone offer me a price I can't refuse. But I think I'll get one plan jean blued, later on.

·
Hi.
144 Posts
I had one, sold it.
Bought a Buckmark, sold it, and regretted it. :crying:

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
I have had one for years but I don't carry it anymore. Mine was in .22lr and never jammed with CCI Stingers but would have problems with low vel ammo. It was my mouse gun until I got a Kel-Tec P3AT.

Quality is good but for serious use, there are better options now. 22 is just not much for SD

·
Gunaholic
797 Posts
Bought one cheap about a year ago. Shot everything I crammed in it, bulk box .22's, Eley, Stingers...Stays in my Jeep's console nowadays, loaded with CCI Minimags. I carried a .25 950 for a few years also, back before the days of 8 ounce .32's and .380's.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had a few 950's and 21a's. Currently I've only a .22 21a left. Matte blue with black plastic grips. I'm in the market for .25 in same config.. I prefer the blue/black plastic.

·
Registered
30,269 Posts
I've had one for years. Years ago I use to carry it. Actually I had two. I should have never let the second one go.

Nice gun but not totally reliable.
Now days it's equipped with a Crimson Trace laser grip. I use it for small pistol low light multiple shot timed fire practice.
After maybe 10 magazines the gun will start to jam feeding.

·
Slacked jawed
11,211 Posts
I've been wanting the .22 for a long time... not sure why exactly. Just one of those things.
I have tons of .32 and .380 pocket guns, but for some reason I just had to have one. A lot of the old timer cops I worked with carried them as a backup piece.

I barely carried or shot it, until the Obama gun & ammo panic kicked in two years ago. I used it at the range, and carried it, while I sat on my .380 and .32 ammo, until things settled down. When you start having trouble finding ammo or ammo gets crazy expensive, its nice to have a .22 pocket gun.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I have one,
had it for 20 yrs, very reliable.
My mom took it, i like the tip barrel feature,
this is a plus with people with weak hands and a easy safety check.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
For what you'd pay you could probably just move on up to the Beretta Tomcat in 32acp and have a bit better ctg. for Personal Defense then the little 25acp. Just saying.:cool:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I had a 21A many years ago and just couldn't get past the frustration of it jamming more than I thought it should. I went to Ruger Mk-II's which just keep on running like the Energizer bunny.

As mentioned above, the 21A would probably make a fun little suppressor host but that wouldn't assuage my anger at the frequent jamming.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts