Home > Glock Talk > Local Glock Forums > California Glockers > Beretta 21A legal in California?

Beretta 21A legal in California?

1. i checked the list of california approved handguns and it's not on there so I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's not. If it isn't allowed, then why? Does anyone know? I mean the 950 is fine and it's damn near the exact same gun. I just don't understand that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. The Beretta Model 21A is legal to own in CA, you just can't buy one "new" from a CA FFL dealer.

You can legally obtain a Beretta Model 21A via a Private Party Transfer (PPT). So, look for people selling "used" ones.

I believe Beretta accidently let the Model 21A drop off the "approved" list before they could renew it.

How the "approved" list works, simplified version.

Manufacturer/distributor submits 3 handguns of one specific model and $10k to CA DOJ to have handgun tested. Once it passes, it gets put on the "approved" list and stays on the list for 2 years. Before, the handgun expires off the list, the manufacterer/distributor must pay an additional $$$$$ to CA DOJ to renew if for another 2 years.

Any new handgun submitted after 01-01-2007 are now required to have a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect.