Glock Talk banner

Beretta 21

1265 Views 23 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  DAKA
Picked up this little gal at the LGS the other day and thought it would make a great birthday present for a special someone. It was used but unfired and came with box and papers. At four and a half, I think I paid a premium but the smile on her face will be priceless.

Reactions: Mister X
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
17,442 Posts
Not a bad price for a specially marked one. Those are nice guns.
The SA/DA feature is a plus.

If she really takes to it as a constant carry, consider the CrimsonTrace laser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,222 Posts
That "edition" is a lot prettier than the standard 21A.:)
They really are great little pistols. With very little practice, one can achieve great accuracy.(for its size)

· Stop the steal!
21,056 Posts
As others have said, yes, it's beautiful.....will make a fabulous gift.

I also have a "plain Jane" Beretta 21A. As Berto says....use good ammunition, otherwise expect some failures with bulk packs. I like the CCI mini mags......no problems with that label.

As nice as that gift will be, I'm having a hard time seeing myself gift a 21a to a woman. There are so many other cartridges that are much better.......however, it does seem dignified, being so small, and all. Also, I'd much rather have the 21a, than nothing.......

· Formerly retired EE.
18,454 Posts
Pretty slick. I don't like the lack of an extractor, but it doesn't seem to hurt those little berettas with any decent ammo like the CCI MM or Velocitors.
Mine never failed to eject. Bulk ammo or minimags worked about the same in mine.

Reactions: Berto

· Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That CCI Stinger is a nasty little round, always has been. Interesting numbers there M2. What I have in mind for the Lady Beretta is give it to my sixteen year old daughter on her twenty first birthday so it has to go in the safe for a while. She is a petite little thing and lacks hand strength to grip and rack the slide on a number of dads semi-autos. That is why she prefers a revolver or the Ruger SR22. Anyway, I'm having a tough time leaving it along and not shooting it. I may have to pick up a std model if one comes along.
Thanks for the kind word everybody.

· Registered
338 Posts
Mine is the ugly version. Bought it used with box, papers, and two magazines a few years ago.

I'd like to run across a bright blued on or a nickel one. My brother has both of those and I'm envious.

· M62/76
14,808 Posts
Very cool little gun- I've overpaid for many guns in the past but for various reasons I had to have it. I think you did very well

· Formerly retired EE.
18,454 Posts
It's not that, it's duds. You get one, you have to remove it with a fingernail.
Good point. I unloaded mine routinely (big advantage of the tip up barrel). I never noticed any issues getting the unfired cartridge out, but I was never in a big hurry doing it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.