Benjamin Maurauder

Discussion in 'The Airgun and Paintball Club' started by Hummerbike, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

I just received a new Benjamin Marauder in the mail. I ordered the .25 caliber and the Hill hand pump.

It has the wooden stock.
    I know the plastic stock version is due out but when I ordered this no one could tell me when it would come out and I couldn't wait.

So now I need to look for cheek riser so I can use the scope easier as the scope sits too high because of the design of the gun.

This thing has the best trigger I've felt on a rifle, ever. It has a two stage with the first stage being rather long but once you reach the second stage it only takes a couple extra ounces of pressure to fire.

You have a tendency to hurry your pull through the first stage and before you can stop you blow right thru the second stage and fire the gun.

It is super quiet.It has built in baffles in the shrouded barrel.

I had the opportunity to shoot a ground squirrel at about 40 yards and the sound of the pellet hitting the squirrel was louder the the shot.

I shot an old sun dried hard 2x4 at about 35 yards. It didn't blow thru but I probed the entry hole with a twig and believe it was about 1/8 inch from complete penetration.

I think I'm going to have fun with this.

2. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Thanks Hummer. I've been waiting for the poly version.
    Pyramid is taking pre-orders for them now but I'll wait
    to see if any bugs need to be worked out before I order.
    For now, I'll have to stick with my Discovery in .22. Like
    you, I want the .25 caliber when I do order.
    Appreciate you posting,
    Dano