Glock Talk banner

Benelli Nova tactical

876 Views 27 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  MarkCO
Anyone have one and have run rounds through it? For the price seems like a good HD/duty gun. Does any one know how it compares to Mossy 500/590 or rem 870?
Reactions: Willard
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Who, me?
1,494 Posts
I haven’t owned one, but I’m very interested in them. It seems to be an excellent pump gun. I would have one, if I could justify buying another shotgun.

Reactions: FullClip

· Native Mainiac
37,863 Posts
I had one for a couple years (well, the Super-Nova unit) nothing wrong, but never got used to the cross-bolt safety. Years of shooting shotguns with the tang safety made me buy a Mossberg 590 and I sold the Nova to my little brother.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
I had the Nova years ago when they first came out, before they had a Super Nova or Tactical. It was a great shotgun. Was leery at first due to the plastic covering. The action was smooth and became my favorite hog hunting shotgun. Oddly the button on the fore end became handy as we had to clear our chambers crossing set property and roads.
Always debated getting the Tactical Super Nova.
Got rid of some guns to make room for others, and I had stopped hunting hogs, so I lost interest in it. But honestly it felt better/smoother than my 590’s and 870’s.

· Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
for the price it seems like an easy choice, im looking really hard at them
The sister is the Stoeger P3000. Don't ignore the Winchester SXP, which is my favorite defense shotgun.

· Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Bud's Gun shop has a Winchester SXP defender on sale for $270. Do you think this is a good deal? Do you feel the Winchester is as good as a Remington 870 or Mossberg 590?
Yes and YES.

• Helpful
Reactions: rla73

· Registered
1,841 Posts
In and out of stock often but a good price.

Im a longtime 870 guy. The 870 is like a dinosaur compared to this thing. It is perfect in every way with one exception. The gun has to be cocked in order to load the mag tube(unless I’m missing something).

The shell carrier stays up when you load. You wont cut your thumb on the sharp edge like loading the 870. The shell stop button on the fore end works great. It cycles the cheapest ammo available. Sights are cool. Its drilled and tapped. Recoil is much less than the 870 with the comfort tech stock. My 870s rust in humidity. Stock comes with shims to adjust height.

Cons are the aftermarket support is minimal compared to the 870.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
What's the difference between the nova and super nova tactical?
Nova is 3", Super Nova is 3.5". The stock on the SN is more adjustable, trigger guard is larger.

Lots of 3Gunners with SNs do the mod to shorten the stroke to aid in feeding shorter shells and avoid short stroking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts