close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Benefits of GSSF?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by racer88, Jan 2, 2010.

1. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I've heard much about the GSSF certificate for a discounted Glock that is a benefit of joining. But, I've not heard much else. I went to the GSSF website, and maybe I'm blind, but NOWHERE could I find a simple list of benefits of membership. If I'm missing it, can someone link me to it? It seems like a glaring omission for an organization that presumably wants to increase or encourage membership. It should be the FIRST button in their website navigation.

And, I couldn't find any local chapters or local events. Again, maybe I'm missing it. I'm very big into website marketing, and I've gotta say the GSSF's website is missing the boat. There's nothing compelling AT ALL on the website to get me to join. Heck, I can't even find any info on the venerated certificate! That should be right up front on their homepage!

OK... someone tell me I'm all wrong and I just need to get glasses to see better.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

GSSF hosts 36+ Major outdoor matches each year, matches where Glocks, cash and merchandise prizes are awarded. GSSF also sanctions a series of indoor matches.

As a member:
    1. You may enter any GSSF match
    2. You may purchase one Glock per year at LE price
    3. You may attend The Glock Armorer's Class

Members receive a membership card, GSSF cap, two issues of The Glock Report, a copy of The Glock Annual and the opportunity to participate in special offers from time to time.

Outdoor matches are based on stock Glocks, although there is a category for modified Glocks. It's a fun shoot, suitable for all family members. There are special $75.00 cash awards for: High Female, High Junior Female, High Guardian Female, High Senior, High Junior Male and High Challenged Shooter.

It's quite a bargain for the price of a membership. I live in VA and the closest match to me is 175 miles one way, I plan to shoot 9 matches in 2010, the farthest being 425 miles one way.

3. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Thanks, Danny!

Now, why isn't that on their website?? They should have a navigation button labeled "Why Join?" and then have all the benefits of membership listed on that page. They should also have a page with where events are held (so I can see if any are in my area).

4. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Which website are you looking at?

"glock.com" is the Austrian site.

GSSF's website is "gssfonline.com",

If you cannot find the info you are looking for on the latter, something is, as they say in German (and Austria) upgefuchted.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I'm on the right website. Can you point me to the specific webpage that lists the benefits of membership? I must be blind or senile. :embarassed:

6. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

On the "gssfonline.com" website, check under "hot topics" and see if what you are looking for is there.

You can also pull up the "Glock Report" archives. :supergrin:

If you can't find it there, we can probably answer any specific questions here. A lot of the contributors here have done boo coo matches over the last 18 or so years.

7. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Benefits of GSSF:

At the Match:

-You will meet fellow Glock Shooters.
    -You will meet the Glock Staff who are the nicest industry employees around.
    -You will get to participate in a fun shooting event with prizes.
    -You will get your 19, 23, and 27 serviced by a Glock Armorer for FREE.
    -You will improve your shooting skills and want to come back again.

Benefits in General:

See what Danny wrote.

It is addicting and you will find that you pattern your trips around GSSF, making the trips more addictive, causing a lot of mini-vacations.

8. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

9. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Yeah, the gssf website could have a few more "features". But when you realize that the GLOCK website doesn't even list all the models (show me the G30SF on there), and you'll realize they worry more about things than the websites. Not sure if they figure GlockTalk is their "PR website" or not. :supergrin:

But yeah... regardless of whether it's listed on there or not, you're now aware of the benefits. You can look at the RESULTS page to see where matches were held in 2009, I live in Charlotte and attended 5 outdoor, and also an indoor series. I had a BLAST, it's fun to see yourself improve (if you're practicing hard), and everyone is always anxious to see the final results posted, as they also GIVE AWAY FREE GUNS at the matches. Each division you shoot in puts your name in the hat. They give away something like 5-to-8 per match.

Also... normal civilians aren't eligible to attend the Glock Armorer's School... but GSSF members are. For $150, you can be a certified Armorer. Not that that will do much for you, but if you're "into" Glocks, it's kinda cool. I plan to go somewhere along the road.

And you've already mentioned the certificate. One discounted gun every 12 months... how's THAT for a deal?

I believe there should be a sticky in the General Glocking section called "GSSF - Benefits and how to join". That's the forum most people go into, and it would "educate" a lot of folks as I'm sure plenty OTHERS aren't aware of all the benefits, just as you were.

Danny, can you suggest this to Eric or the appropriate mod ?

10. DannyR

I'll draft something and see if MarkCO will make it a stickie. Perhaps the title should be "What Is GSSF And What Are It's Benefits."

11. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Thanks, guys! There are a lot of benefits to GSSF. If any of you are tight with the powers that be, you might suggest they make it EASY to find on the website. Visitors shouldn't have to SEARCH for the info scattered about the website. It should be featured prominently and centralized. If they did that, I bet they'd see a significant increase in membership. One of my areas of expertise is website marketing, so I can't help commenting on that. :)

12. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

They make and support a great gun.

As for being website guru nerds, well........they make a great gun.

:supergrin:

13. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Is the GSSF a subsidiary of Glock, Inc.? I (probably mistakenly) assumed it was an independent organization.

I agree... they make a great gun! :wavey:

14. skyjumpr

skyjumpr

Benefits of GSSF?

You're IQ increases by a minimum of 10 points.
    Women will find you irresistible.
    Men will admire you.
    Criminals will cross the street rather than walk near you.
    Other gun owners will bow out of respect for your great wisdom.

Oh yeah... and you get a free hat, the ability to purchase a new Glock once a year at a discount, the ability to attend the armorers course, and the ability to compete in GSSF matches with other great Glock owners.

15. DannyR

GSSF is a product of Glock Marketing and a branch of Glock Training. Alan Ramsey is Director of Training and GSSF.

16. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

But, will increase my virility and make my car go faster??? ;)

17. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Now that's funny right there. I rofl'ed.

18. skyjumpr

skyjumpr

It may not actually increase your virility but if you pocket carry a Glock it'll sure look like you're virile.

If you shoot a Glock 10mm rearward while driving your car it'll travel faster than the Space Shuttle.