Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone Shooting!
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In addition to quicker draws, what other benefits are there to appendix carry?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'm not sure about the quicker draw but it is easier to get to in a car or seated position.
I think it also depends on what gun you may carry.
I favor a full sized gun so appendix carry has not been something I've done very often.
With the right sized gun and a good holster it is a good carry position.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
I can do it, but I just can't completely get the "self-castration" thought outta my mind! I have a Galco holster designed for AIWB and my G26, so at 6'3" and my pants high enough, I have room. It's comfortable.

Before embarking on the AIWB adventure I took my G26, unloaded, and tossed it around the room, dropped it on the back, front, left, right. That helped. But still ....

I like the way it feels against my lower stomach. As said, it's comfortable and I put my thumb over the back of the slide when re-holstering. I like the concept of AIWB and the feel but still ....

I don't want to be a eunuch.

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Easier to conceal. Better retention. Less printing.
Yep.
I carry Appendix carry all the time and just never think of shooting my junk off? I guess just be careful and take your time on re-holstering.

·
Banned
21,060 Posts
I am not at all concerned about an AD when reholstering my G17. My ****** keeps the G17 from firing.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
What happens if you have your appendix removed? I guess Open Carry would solve it...

·
Registered
262 Posts
LET'S CLARIFY A FEW THINGs.
First, is NOT the one with the fastest draw. That title belongs to CROSSDRAW APPENDIX CARRY. That is if you are a right handed person you carry at 10 o'clock. If you doubt that, take a video of both ways and you will see.
Second, is the easiest and fastest way if you are in a car.

·
SEMPER FIDELIS
1,014 Posts
In addition to quicker draws, what other benefits are there to appendix carry?
Take a class where you have to change magazines one handed, or get to your gun only using your non dominant hand, or simulating that you got knocked backwards and ended upon your backside and then try to draw and shoot. All of these I found out worked 100 % easier when I was carrying AIWB. And unless you know a lot of Europeans that want to come up and give you hugs and kisses all of the time, then you are safe from them bumping into your weapon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is a much easier draw for those of us with rotator cuff issues-no painful reaching back to draw.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
Take a class where you have to change magazines one handed
What am I missing? How does AIWB carry affect a mag change using one hand? If it's really obvious, please don't make me feel too stupid! :supergrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts