Belt recommendations please...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by DrewBone, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

Ive been researching belts for the past week too. Beltman, daltech force, hanks, relentless tactical, bullhidebelts, crossbreed is what ive narrowed down. Check out the short review link below for some side photos of 4 belts together. That daltech bullbelt is thick .25 compared to others in the side photos, looks twice as thick. Also offered in steel core. Hanks kevlar lined is .27 to .31 thick and their steel is .37.
    https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-gun-belts-concealed-carry-range/

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. slick slidestop

slick slidestop

Another vote for Beltman

1L26 likes this.

3. Unk

Unk

Galco contour or Beltman- real gun belts.

4. jp 19

jp 19

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  5. crnama

crnama CLM

Beltman I have worn mine daily for over 10 years. It is just now getting broken in.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Not sure what a "real gun belt" is except for maybe being so thick that it can support a 70 ounce gun.

:couch:

Seriously though, once you've experienced a ratchet system I don't know how you could like a 5 or 7 hole belt.

7. seagravedriver

seagravedriver

https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?...36_143&zenid=5be1236748fcf68e4c4eea6653b3c3d0

They are synthetic, and may have a tactical look to them, though my wife does not think so, and she is picky about that. I wear it on shift at the fire dept, and almost daily home. TOUGH strong belt. Thinking leather? Saddleback Leather is a great company, and I would look into custom leather holster makers, such as Kramer Leather, Mitch Rosen and such. Both of those companies have been in the serious custom leather holster making for years, and their items are of high quality, and belts had, in the past, been made with concealed carry in mind. They are often not shipped right away, as they are custom, though some may be in stock. Aresgear belts seem to have more in stock. Again, it is a non leather item. I am happy with what I have. The Ares belt has been in use for three years, and looks like it's been three months. Good stuff.

8. jp 19

jp 19

$99 for a synthetic belt ... not for me! I will stick with leather :)

glock1097 likes this.
  9. jp 19

jp 19

On another note moments ago I was talking with a LEO friend said his duty belt (leather) weighs 25 pounds fully loaded....Said the city is making them carry 69 extra rounds... kind of overkill.

10. glock1097

glock1097

Another vote for Armour belts out of Ludington, Michigan. Four years no belt sag, still strong and looking good.

11. NJ1911

NJ1911

Another vote for Kore Essentials. I bought one of their nylon belts in gray with the black powder coated buckle. It is very nice and does not look tactical especially if I wear black jeans with it. I liked it so much I bought another of their regular dress belts (non-gun) from Amazon.

The best parts are the easy of trimming to your size and the infinite adjustment the belt buckle provides, along with the stiffness.

One downfall. The belt ratchet makes a racket. I try to be careful in the men's room and press the lever in order to not sound like I'm ripping a massive fart while tightening the belt.

12. gfh54321

gfh54321

A&G Custom Gunleather

13. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

i weighed mine and it was 34lbs. out on medical due to back!

14. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Beltman again. I have a black and a brown and they are all I ever wear.

15. Sharkey

Sharkey

I have 2 Grip6 belts - black and beige and wear them 98% of the time. Not a gun belt per se but holds a G19 and spare mag just fine

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

16. Patchman

Patchman Florist

A&G belts. 1 1/4" horsehide with holes 3/4" apart. Have 4 of them, used everyday for the past 3 or 4 years for work (suit and tie).

I also have older (15 to 20 years old) belts, like Bulman, Dillon Precision (the old stuff), and even an Andy Arratoonian. Honestly, although less stiff (and more scuffed up) than when new, they're still very serviceable and are used on my "weekend" pants. They CCW the same G19 and spare mag combo as my current A&G belts.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  17. JGIORD

JGIORD

I've tried the beltman as well as Bigfoot and the Bigfoot belts are far superior! They are my belt of choice. Great customer service too.

18. BillG174

BillG174

It is very important to have a good gun belt to hold and support the weight of the holster and gun. You shouldn’t use a “department store” belt as it is not thick enough or rigid enough. I highly recommend a Bigfoot gunbelt www.gunbelts.com. I have two 18 ounce belt with a stainless steel core between the two layers of English bridle leather. Their quality and customer service is also superior and they have a trial period too.

19. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I like Beltman for a leather dress belt. Graith for EDC.