Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
2,434 Posts
I love mine, carry every day with it. I carry a 23 w/extra mag and cash in the hidden pouch. Someone said what to do with your gun when you go to the can; don't matter with a belly band it never moves and no drops. Shorts; doesn't pull them down

· Registered
2,241 Posts
I have a galco bellyband that gets used about 3-4 times a year. It's use is very limited and is not a substitute for a conventional holster.

· Registered
14,087 Posts
I prefer a proper holster and belt, but I have used a SmartCarry with great results
Ditto.

I have several belly bands, but none have ever been satisfactory for me. I can't use the Smart Carry in the advertised position. I doesn't bother me about where the pistol is pointed, but I can't stand the pressure down there even with a Kahr Micro or even a Kel Tec. Don't know how Charlie does it with a full size 1911.

But anyway I do occasionally use the Smart Carry as a belly band. It would be even better if the back strap on the Smartcarry was much wider, but it does sort of work as a belly band.

I emailed Charlie asking if he would make a run of Smart Carry's with a wide back band. Basically he wrote back saying he was selling all he could make now, and it would not be worth it for him to make a special run with a wider back strap.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have used a belly band with a glock 27 for years and find it the best for deep cover. In my opinion there is nothing better if concleament combined with a real gun is of primary importance. True you can't reholster one handed but to me that is a minor thing compared to the benefits. Hot summer in NC when you can't be untucked but have to look professional in a dress polo and slacks it's perfect. A coat clients would be bewildered why you where sweating and not taking it off. Still very fast to the draw. The only person who ever felt it was a lady who was making a pass. You do have to watch being hugged or a bump check.

· Registered
314 Posts
Rikki Tikki, have you ever had your gun slide up and out unexpectedly? What position do you carry (3 o'clock, 4 o'clock, etc.) ? I had it happen to me carrying crossdraw at 10 o'clock with an admittedly cheesy belly band. Fell with a loud CLUNK on living room floor. Never again!

· Registered
30,113 Posts
Try the Bushwacker band. It's awesome.

· Registered
1,284 Posts
My wife uses one for her J-frame. Given the way womens' clothes are cut, it is most often the best option or her. I personally have never used one. I stick with an ankle holster.

· Registered
33,008 Posts
...have you ever had your gun slide up and out unexpectedly? ... I had it happen to me carrying crossdraw at 10 o'clock with an admittedly cheesy belly band. Fell with a loud CLUNK on living room floor. Never again!
That is a real concern. I've had that start to happen with my belly band, too. Start, as in 1/2" movement up, and I could see where that was going if left unchecked.

Definitely something to watch for.

· Registered
3 Posts
Jamesey. No I haven't had that happen. Were you wearing a belt? I always wear a dress gun belt regardless when I use a belly band or at least a casual leather belt. I wouldn't wear one without that support. I was thinking I have not had a ng discharge since I was a kid it is just the thought of where that round and flame would go I guess. I take that back once while dressing I had to make a grab but all I was wearing was boxers and a t.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.