beginner advice

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by uscgamecock, Feb 7, 2010.

1. uscgamecock

uscgamecock

I just recently got my SC CWP and had a few questions. I am looking to purchase a glock 30 and am wondering if you guys could give me some advice on the best way to try and conceal it. I'm 6'2 240 (big belly and lovehandles, i'm working on it) and dress "dressy casual" pretty much everyday (polo tucked in and khakis). I have looked at everything from truss systems to bellybands to many iwb holsters. HELP! thanks.

2. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What IWB holsters have you loooked at? Which ones have you tried?

Do you have a good/stiff belt made for supporting the weight of a gun?

There are many good, popular options in IWB holsters.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar

Things you will need:

1) A very stiff gun belt.

2) A Crossbreed Supertuck holster.

Problem solved.

4. PDXShooter1981

PDXShooter1981 Computer Geek..

There you go Ironbar, I corrected that typo for you :wavey:

Anyway, you will find almost everybody that practices EDC (Every day carry) on here is going to recommend a stiff gun belt first. After that, there are lots of different tuckable holsters, and everybody has a favorite. Consistently in the top 2 are the MTAC by Comp-tac, and the Supertuck. I have not tried the Supertuck, but I love my MTAC.

5. uscgamecock

uscgamecock

Thanks guys. The first thing I am gonna do is get a good gun belt. I assume its just personal preference at this point as to which of these two holsters I get. Are you guys suggesting that I shouldn't even consider the belly band or other types. Also, (not trying to be hard to get along with) is the g 30 small enough to conceal well w/o printing this way or should I adjust my dress accordingly? thanks.

6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, it is small enough to conceal well without printing and, yes, you should probably adjust your dress accordingly. Well, maybe, you'll have to wait and see.

Often an extra inch or maybe even two in the waist is helpful. Sometimes shirts will be found to be a little too tight and/or short. Sometimes nothing needs changed, it depends on many variables that make it hard to predict for each individual. When I started carrying I didn't have to change my attire at all. BUT I was a 21 year old college student whose pants were a little big and shirts were a little long/baggy anyway.....

7. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

I agree with the posts above, however, I carry in many different manners and have different pistols and holsters for different occasions or styles of dress. Some change their wardrobe to conceal I try to find guns and holsters that accommodate my wardrobe. I personally believe that there is not one answer to all situations when concealing. I may use an ankle holster, or pocket carry in a jacket. I prefer to use a OWB, but I mostly carry a 1911 5" IWB. I would consider any type of carry if it seems practical to your situation.