close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beer-can chicken?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Dawes, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Dawes

Dawes

This is the method whereby a chicken is cooked on the grill, with a partially full can of beer inserted in the body cavity. Anybody use this method? How long do you let the bird cook?

2. Blah!

Blah! Guest

I do this from time to time. Take one fresh young hen fat as you can find season to your liking then drink half of a 12oz beer. stick half beer into *** of hen stand it up in the bbq pit. I usually cook my bird slow for about an hour and a half.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

The correct term is "Drunken Chicken".

Pretty tasty and juicy, but best if a somewhat spicy, maybe cajun rub is applied.

CLICK HERE FOR RECIPES!

4. 357glocker

357glocker

I usually cook two at a time and it takes a little over two hours on my smoker/grill. A good way to tell is to get a thermometer. Use a cajun rub, and thow a piece of soaked cherry on the charcoal.

5. JPinAZ

JPinAZ

Get a probe thermometer & cook it until it's done. Around 180 for dark meat.

6. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I saw this on the food network from the guy that cooks out of the old Airstream trailer and I've been dying to try it. His directions were something like, season to your liking with Kosher salt and crushed pepper, drink 1/3 of the can of beer, stick the bird on it, cook on med high for around 1 1/2 hours.